You've never been to The Vine? That MUST change next season boss

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I'm crapping it tbh and really hoping it's our year.:blush:

You got this been sasying it all year :D

1 minute ago, Baggiehy said:

You've never been to The Vine? That MUST change next season boss

been a few times, but then I'm a hull city fan

its like the tardis that place

looks tiny from the outside but with all those tents at the back and those blokes cooking away its mental

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Another year of 40 points and put yer feet up as usual for WBA?

Yep I blame pulis for changing the tactic back to what they were Still got 2 games so may a couple more points

10 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Who would you liked promoted hullite. 

lol whoever is the best team cos we will be in the championship next year

mind you that Sheffield Wednesday were an easy lay in the final.....

I reckon you lot are the strongest side

Fulham the bookies faves and the flashiest

hudds and reading looking at their gd can blow hot or cold

I reckon its miles closer than last year, team in 6th the faves etc

obviously being a northerner id prefer you or hudds to go up

prob you lot

I had a soft spot for you in the top flight  when you had waddle warhurst turned striker and half your team became household names

as u were on telly every other week

as a neutral I just hope the best side wins and its entertaining

I will watch all 5 game with as much interest as my club as I'm going through a sort of divorce with them atm

8 minutes ago, hullite said:

lol whoever is the best team cos we will be in the championship next year

mind you that Sheffield Wednesday were an easy lay in the final.....

I reckon you lot are the strongest side

Fulham the bookies faves and the flashiest

hudds and reading looking at their gd can blow hot or cold

I reckon its miles closer than last year, team in 6th the faves etc

obviously being a northerner id prefer you or hudds to go up

prob you lot

I had a soft spot for you in the top flight  when you had waddle warhurst turned striker and half your team became household names

as u were on telly every other week

as a neutral I just hope the best side wins and its entertaining

I will watch all 5 game with as much interest as my club as I'm going through a sort of divorce with them atm

I think Swansea will go. Do you think new owners will come in? I know the Chinese pair that were looking to buy you bought Reading

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Some relation to our owners ain't they and Thai. 

No it was brother and sister Yongge Dai, the brother  is worth £750m while his sister who is divorced from her english teacher husband Xui Li Hawkens has the real wealth at nearly £3bn

our present owners keep hiking the price up even after they've agreed a sale!!

they might be more tempted to sell if we are relegated, I'm hoping we go down and they do one

but they might hang around until the parachute payments have gone and then walk away leaving the club with a mountain of debt - to them and even then they might pull the plug

they hate the fans and most of the fans hate them

despite us being in the top flight its far from being the best time as a fan of our club

but a lot has to do with the general state of football today

far removed from the game we grew up to love as kids

someone pass me a hankie

(and no i'm not having a w@nk)

16 minutes ago, darklord said:

If we don't go up you know it will be us V pigs first game 

It won't.  I read an interview with the guy who was in charge of all the fixture lists.

He said that they avoid local Derby matches, Xmas time, first game and last game.

There will never be another Boxing Day Sheffield Derby. :-(

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It won't.  I read an interview with the guy who was in charge of all the fixture lists.

He said that they avoid local Derby matches, Xmas time, first game and last game.

There will never be another Boxing Day Sheffield Derby. :-(

Unless i become that man....

19 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

By the sound of that hull city could become the next Blackburn rovers.

not wishing to hijack this thread but this is the kind of thing happening on a weekly basis

copied from our local daily paper

Shock as Hull City volunteer groundsman 'sacked' while still on the KCOM Stadium pitch

A groundsman who has dedicated half of his life to volunteering for Hull City has been left devastated after being unexpectedly 'sacked' while on the pitch.

David, 31, started volunteering at Boothferry Park when he was just 15 by offering to tidy up the pitch after every Hull City home game alongside his father and older brothers.

When Hull City moved to the KCOM Stadium in 2002, the family followed, and in the years to come they went on to sort the pitch after midweek and England under-21 matches in exchange for complimentary match tickets to Tigers games

However, after starting their work followingSaturday's defeat to Sunderland, the group were unexpectedly ushered away from the stadium and told that they would no longer be needed.

David said: "We were only about 20 minutes in to doing our job when one of the stewards approached us while in communication with the security office above the North Stand.

"We were questioned where we received our match day tickets from and who authorised it.

"We told him that we always used to receive our tickets from the full-time ground staff when we finished doing our job or they would be left at the reception for us to collect before the next game.

"The steward then informed us that his superior told him to inform us that we should stop what we were doing and leave.

"We were utterly shocked. The steward himself has been at the club for as long as we have been doing the pitch and I think he found it very difficult to tell us this news."

As they headed towards the exit, David was left feeling dejected after what he labelled 'the end of an era.

this is after  they sacked the two official groundsmen with 40 years service between them last month

SMC sack groundsmen according to Smailes:
Not sure what KCOM pitch will look like tomorrow. Hear SMC laid off the two groundsmen this week, so no idea who's preparing the pitch. Guys came from Boothferry Park and Boulevard respectively. About 40 years between them at the respective clubs of City & FC

plus they refused to allow the final of the local  amateur league to host their final at the kc which they have done since it opened

they hiked the price up to 5k from £1500 and then when an anonymous donor offered to pay the amount then said its too late to re arrange it

Bridlington town are in the final and guess who they are playing?

a young hull city side.

I know there was a lot of guff ive just posted but if you read that last bit you will know just what lengths our owners are going to pi$$ everyone off.

apologies for rant and hope one day it doesn't happen to you lot

10 minutes ago, hullite said:

not wishing to hijack this thread but this is the kind of thing happening on a weekly basis

copied from our local daily paper

Shock as Hull City volunteer groundsman 'sacked' while still on the KCOM Stadium pitch

A groundsman who has dedicated half of his life to volunteering for Hull City has been left devastated after being unexpectedly 'sacked' while on the pitch.

David, 31, started volunteering at Boothferry Park when he was just 15 by offering to tidy up the pitch after every Hull City home game alongside his father and older brothers.

When Hull City moved to the KCOM Stadium in 2002, the family followed, and in the years to come they went on to sort the pitch after midweek and England under-21 matches in exchange for complimentary match tickets to Tigers games

However, after starting their work followingSaturday's defeat to Sunderland, the group were unexpectedly ushered away from the stadium and told that they would no longer be needed.

David said: "We were only about 20 minutes in to doing our job when one of the stewards approached us while in communication with the security office above the North Stand.

"We were questioned where we received our match day tickets from and who authorised it.

"We told him that we always used to receive our tickets from the full-time ground staff when we finished doing our job or they would be left at the reception for us to collect before the next game.

"The steward then informed us that his superior told him to inform us that we should stop what we were doing and leave.

"We were utterly shocked. The steward himself has been at the club for as long as we have been doing the pitch and I think he found it very difficult to tell us this news."

As they headed towards the exit, David was left feeling dejected after what he labelled 'the end of an era.

this is after  they sacked the two official groundsmen with 40 years service between them last month

SMC sack groundsmen according to Smailes:
Not sure what KCOM pitch will look like tomorrow. Hear SMC laid off the two groundsmen this week, so no idea who's preparing the pitch. Guys came from Boothferry Park and Boulevard respectively. About 40 years between them at the respective clubs of City & FC

plus they refused to allow the final of the local  amateur league to host their final at the kc which they have done since it opened

they hiked the price up to 5k from £1500 and then when an anonymous donor offered to pay the amount then said its too late to re arrange it

Bridlington town are in the final and guess who they are playing?

a young hull city side.

I know there was a lot of guff ive just posted but if you read that last bit you will know just what lengths our owners are going to pi$$ everyone off.

apologies for rant and hope one day it doesn't happen to you lot

Which Allam is running it mate? the old man or son?

old man is on his death bed

my wife nursed him

he is a gentleman but eccentric

he hates hull city council as they refused to give him the land around the stadium

so he hates the word city

he thinks it is common

if he owned Manchester city he would change their name to Manchester hunter

his words ...

his son ehab is a vile morally bankrupt turd

he is running it atm

he is trying everything he can to stick two fingers up to the fans who didn't get behind him with the name change

basically we have nightmare owners who have lucked in to the premier league

clubs fans who long for glory having not tasted it will be thinking "you ungrateful sods", I would welcome a change of our name to sheffied owls or imagine yourselves - Bromwich baggies

just so we can get trounced by Man city Chelsea etc

half our fans are happy to bend over backwards for them

I always remember Pink Floyd money lyrics - think i'll buy me a football team

so its bought on a whim despite not being able to  spell the players names  or know anything about the culture of the city,

10 minutes later they suddenly have more say in the clubs running/future than the fans who've worshiped the club  most of their lives

( though in our case its been sh!t for most of our history)

fans are only 5% of revenue in the prem due to tv rights income etc

we are irrelevant

sorry for the rant

my team has recently all but been relegated

our fans are to blame#

weve allowed this to happen

although the "we " got displace by the glory hunting premiership plastics

Baggiehy  surely you can echo this sentiment?

we went to stoke in the championship promo season 2008, it was electric the atmosphere.

(the season  before when we stopped them going up was angry and very rowdy noisy and tasty)

we went this season they won 3-1

it was insipid, boring, quiet,  like a library

the prem has killed it off

lol sorry, owls just put me on ignore