Leeds forum about us.

Here are some of those filthy Leeds bell-ends singing "you'll f*ck it up" to us a couple of weeks ago:

Two weeks on and we just got promoted.  Anyone know how their play-off charge is coming on?  Or perhaps Newcastle are sh*tting themselves at the threat of the Leeds juggernaught? 

The scruffy little twunts.  

Edited by simster

2 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Bizarre spin from, Monk he is almost saying it is not a bad thing to have lost and move out of top 6. Sounds desperate to me!

Monk says it could now be easier for his side to chase the place, rather than cling on as they have since before the turn of the year.

"We're disappointed with that result," he said. "We didn't want that to happen at this stage of the season.

"But we've had the mentality for so long where we've been in the play-offs quite comfortably and have kind of been in that protective mode of trying to stay in there.

"Now we have to change that mentality to be a team that goes on the hunt and lets it all go. It's still a really good situation for us. We've got no time to feel sorry for ourselves, that doesn't get you anywhere.

"This is the interesting part. We spent so long in there with the points advantage and we don't have that luxury anymore.

"Now we have to go on the hunt. Sometimes it's easier and there's less pressure when you're on the hunt. When you're in there, there's a different pressure.

Is a bit bizarre. Not entirely convincing either - it is still in Leeds' hands. If they win their last 3 games then they go up as one of us and Fulham is bound to drop at least 2 points. Guess he's trying to shift expectations as if they don't qualify from here it will be seen as a bad choke, and knowing their Chairman, will probably cost him his job.

To be entirely fair to the man, he's not going to say something like 'Yes, this is a terrible disaster, we were rubbish and have completely blown it. Also I'm now the lead singer with Queen.'

To be completely unfair to the man, I hope he runs into a pit of swill.

2 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Can I neg you out of jealousy lol

Grew up with my parents playing Queen , sadly by the time I started going to gigs in the early 90s , Queen no longer toured. 

Saw them twice, once at nebworth and once at Elland Road. Absolutely superb and anyone who says they are/were crap is either tone deaf or deluded. 

3 hours ago, Big Jack said:

Bizarre spin from, Monk he is almost saying it is not a bad thing to have lost and move out of top 6. Sounds desperate to me!

Monk says it could now be easier for his side to chase the place, rather than cling on as they have since before the turn of the year.

"We're disappointed with that result," he said. "We didn't want that to happen at this stage of the season.

"But we've had the mentality for so long where we've been in the play-offs quite comfortably and have kind of been in that protective mode of trying to stay in there.

"Now we have to change that mentality to be a team that goes on the hunt and lets it all go. It's still a really good situation for us. We've got no time to feel sorry for ourselves, that doesn't get you anywhere.

"This is the interesting part. We spent so long in there with the points advantage and we don't have that luxury anymore.

"Now we have to go on the hunt. Sometimes it's easier and there's less pressure when you're on the hunt. When you're in there, there's a different pressure.

Most Wednesdayites agree with Monk, it's not a bad thing for Leeds to be out of the top 6.