Players returning to their former clubs

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Rhodes needs games to see the best of him and to get him scoring. He looked fit and hungry against Wigan, it was a shame we didn't put more quality crosses into him. He worked hard and about the only quality cross we did put in, he flicked on to assist Wallace's deflected goal. Hopefully Hooper is now fit because it would be good to see Rhodes partnered by Hooper with Forestieri out wide. That would be frightening. We've got plenty of options but the likes of Rhodes and Hooper need games to get fully sharp.

Technically that wasn't a cross but love your points anyway!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

The only reason Rhodes won't play from the start against Blackburn is if he plays a full 90 minutes again Brum beforehand and is knackered...the Carlos way!

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

What? Did you watch that game?

On TV admittedly, but yes

I thought Bazza hardly gave Villa fans a reminder of what they were missing

This thread though, written more in fun with emphasis on irony, seems to have touched a nerve with some on here

Lesson learned, I guess   :sad:

16 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

This thread though, written more in fun with emphasis on irony, seems to have touched a nerve with some on here

Maybe some of us just take our football club more seriously than others. Bannan was excellent against Villa by the way, ran the midfield.

16 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Make sure you write JOKE or IRONIC COMMENT after the post. Some very touchy old Owlstalkers on the forum.

7 hours ago, Warnocchio said:

Make sure you write JOKE or IRONIC COMMENT after the post. Some very touchy old Owlstalkers on the forum.

Yeh, I get it. But that's like explaining the joke before delivering the punchline

I'll just say this (before kicking this thread into Row Z) ...

The idea occurred before we played Preston away and I almost posted the thread then, about the prospect of us coming up against Vermijl, McGeedy, Spurr, even Stevie May and them duly playing out of their skins

As it was, only McGeedy played a significant role - and dare I say he looked better for them that day than he ever did for us

Of our players, both Wallace and Reach played well below par (despite that late equalizer)

We followed that with Wolves at home where Fletch barely made his mark and then I thought back to some of the others I'd listed earlier

The Wigan game brought it back with Jones and McManaman basically struggling and decided to use the upcoming Rhodes v Blackburn as an excuse

I wasn't suggesting JR be left out for that reason, I was simply making the connection

My only regret is the title should really have been "Players up against their former clubs"

I realized the error straight away, but you can't edit that

THE END