The top 50 Sheffield Wednesday players of all time..

On 07/09/2023 at 14:57, Sheff6 said:

Thanks for your comments about Tommy. I very much appreciate them. He was my Gt Granddad and I was named after him. 

My profile pic is of my two girls, Jane and Helen Crawshaw, in 2014, at the National Football Museum in Manchester.  They're pictured either side of the old FA Cup and the original 1st Division Championship trophy. They're wearing replica Wednesday kit of the 1900s era and the FA Cup winners medals won by their Gt Gt Granddad in 1896 and 1907. The occasion was the 120th Anniversary of Tommy joining Wednesday in 1894.   

It took some arranging, with the then owner of the old FA Cup (David Gold ex West Ham Chairman, who has since passed away) and the NF Museum but it was worth it in the end. The staff at the museum were brilliant and I can't thank them enough for their help on the day.

We were allowed to hold the FA Cup, wearing white cotton gloves, but not the Championship trophy because it's too fragile at its narrowest points.  We were told that the one they award these days is an exact copy of the original. All the best and UTO!

Tremendous, thanks for sharing.

• Love 1

On 07/09/2023 at 14:57, Sheff6 said:

Thanks for your comments about Tommy. I very much appreciate them. He was my Gt Granddad and I was named after him. 

My profile pic is of my two girls, Jane and Helen Crawshaw, in 2014, at the National Football Museum in Manchester.  They're pictured either side of the old FA Cup and the original 1st Division Championship trophy. They're wearing replica Wednesday kit of the 1900s era and the FA Cup winners medals won by their Gt Gt Granddad in 1896 and 1907. The occasion was the 120th Anniversary of Tommy joining Wednesday in 1894.   

It took some arranging, with the then owner of the old FA Cup (David Gold ex West Ham Chairman, who has since passed away) and the NF Museum but it was worth it in the end. The staff at the museum were brilliant and I can't thank them enough for their help on the day.

We were allowed to hold the FA Cup, wearing white cotton gloves, but not the Championship trophy because it's too fragile at its narrowest points.  We were told that the one they award these days is an exact copy of the original. All the best and UTO!

A lad I know (used to work with) in Newcastle related to Tommy Crawshaw too.  I’d been vaguely aware of his name before I’d looked him up, but wow - what a player and a servant to the club. The lad I know is ex Brinsworth, but supports the other lot unfortunately. 

• Like 1