Respect and thanks from Wales

Kind words Bluebird thank you. It's always nice to know we Owls are thought of so well by opposing supporters. 

It it was my wife's birthday yesterday, the 21st, she's 51 so the disaster happened on her first birthday. It's also my parents wedding anniversary (my father passed away 5 years ago) - it would have been their 55th.

So we always remember Aberfan, and our thoughts go out to every person whom this tragedy affected. 

15 hours ago, Bluebirdccfc said:

Hello, I just had to sign up to say thank you the Owls fans who travelled to Cardiff on Wednesday and joined us in paying their respect to the tragic events of the Aberfan disaster. 

Those who travelled were impeccable throughout the minutes silence and are a credit to your club. 

The events of Friday 21st October 1966 will never be forgotten down here in Wales and the people of Aberfan lost a generation in an instant. They will never be forgotten. 

I'm glad, we respected your loss RIP

I spent my whole working life in the mining industry and still remember that terrible day so clearly. 

Seeing  the gaunt faces of those rescuers once again in the old newsreels reminds us  of the real men that they were, not the "enemy from within" as portrayed by  vicious Maggie and her cronies.

Our deepest condolences go out once again to the people of Aberfan in particular, and of South Wales in general.

3 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

I spent my whole working life in the mining industry and still remember that terrible day so clearly. 

Seeing  the gaunt faces of those rescuers once again in the old newsreels reminds us  of the real men that they were, not the "enemy from within" as portrayed by  vicious Maggie and her cronies.

Our deepest condolences go out once again to the people of Aberfan in particular, and of South Wales in general.

Well said

So sad i feel so much for those who are not  with us anymore  , god bless the fans and all in volved at Cardiff i lost my dad in a mining accident so know how much it hurts ,rip to those at aberfan

Edited by trevdi9

Sorry this is a bit late, but I've been waiting for your admin to approve my log in.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my thanks to you guys for the impeccable way your travelling fans conducted themselves in Cardiff, especially during the minut's silence where you could hear a pin drop.

Imcidentallly, it was fantastic to see so many fans, who travelled a long way on a Thursday night.

It was a very moving night in what had been a very moving week for us, the result was late felt irrelevant in the context of the 50th anniversary of that terrible day. I was choked up as it was, but to see the respect your fans shared with us made it even more poignant. 

You up have a great set of fans and have a good team and I wish you all the success you deserve fr the rest of the season.

Thank you all.