Remembering Mick Prendergast on his 65th Birthday

Loving your work as always Dunsby. What a great tribute to a valued, fallen Wednesday warrior.

My first true Owls hero (obviously!) ... Played every game as if it was his last...full on grit and determination and was so unlucky with injuries breaking his leg twice whilst at S6...A great tribute Dunsby...RIP Prendo never forgotten!!

I hoped you'd see this thread. Thought it would be right up your alley.

I can only ever remember us having two really successful free kick routines. The Sheridan/Worthington one and ....

The one involving Prendergast. It was just a couple of yards outside the 'D' sometimes a few yards to the left. Prendergast would take a medium run and his partner in crime would nudge the ball to the right. Prendergast would strike it perfectly and send the ball curling towards the keepers left hand bottom corner. Prendo must have had 20%+ success rate with this routine...

But who was his partner in crime ? I'm thinking Bobby Hope or Colin Harvey. Anyone help ?

RIP Mick Prendergast being a legend at a time of mediocrity is no mean feat !  

Remember going past the players entrance one lunchtime c 77 and Prendo came out on crutches. Poor lad was in tears and think he'd probably been told he needed to pack it in. Very sad, he was a good committed player who just seemed to have the worst of luck.

R.I.P. Mick. Gone but never forgotten.