Our mentality as to change

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest Gazzaswfc

I disagree his spelling is very Gazza like[/quote 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

Without wanting to appear as one of the Spelling Gestapo, the fact that one 'H', if missing or missed changes the post enitrely.

Do we read this as a question - Our mentality AS to change- asks the question 'What is our position as regards the changes we assume are being made - or do we read it as a statement that - Our mentality HAS to change, which challenges us to change our thinking.

The two statements have completely different meanings, and ask us two different questions.

Sorry if that sounds a little pedantic.  

Without wanting to appear as one of the Spelling Gestapo, the fact that one 'H', if missing or missed changes the post enitrely.

Do we read this as a question - Our mentality AS to change- asks the question 'What is our position as regards the changes we assume are being made - or do we read it as a statement that - Our mentality HAS to change, which challenges us to change our thinking.

The two statements have completely different meanings, and ask us two different questions.

Sorry if that sounds a little pedantic.  

If, as you say the post could have two meanings, then the question has to be raised, if the meaning is as described in option one, then there is a comma, and a question mark missing, surely a case for the grammar, not spelling police

Pedantry over

Sorry, Scarboro,. Not being pedantic, or even questioning the Grammar. I thought that had gone out with the introduction of mobile phones. Perhaps this post should be split into two different posts:-

1. Our mentality as to change - Do we like it or not accept it?

2. Our mentality HAS to change! - We must alter our thinking as to changes happening inside our Football Club!

I, personally, have views on BOTH subjects

Matter closed. 

Think change was/is needed, but the changes made to date do seem to have been made without consideration to risks of being left short. If the intent was for SG to be sacked then a replacement/potential replacements should have been lined up beforehand. Same goes for player recruitment. Seems as ever we will be playing catch-up and scrapping around for what is left, rather than things being delivered as part of a plan. Can't see any manager wanting to come in and not at least have a say in player recruitment.

If, as you say the post could have two meanings, then the question has to be raised, if the meaning is as described in option one, then there is a comma, and a question mark missing, surely a case for the grammar, not spelling police

Pedantry over

I'm afraid you have to live and die by the sword on this one. Grammatically, this post is appalling for someone trying to be a pedant.

Try

If, as you say, the post could have two meanings then the question has to be raised. If the meaning is as described in option one, there is a comma and a question mark missing. This is surely a case for the grammar police, not the spelling police.

We gone to long without money & signing mediocre players & accepting second best . We are a big club lets act like one & go for quality players ie Marshall rhodes etc most Wednesdayits mentality is we won't get him he won't come to us he cost to much this has to change let's sign some players that makes other teams /fans look at us with envy for a change

10389359_10153908843371111_8273950086047

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest Fedor

If I had millions I wouldn't spend it. I can peel oranges in my pockets and I'm sure DC can too.

I went out drinking with a Kangaroo this afternoon and he never bought a round.

Talk about short arms and deep pockets.