MK Dons, Brighton and QPR

Guest Deleted member

There are so many factors and constraints to combine that it is nigh on impossible to keep midweek away trips localish.

If anything it is the club's to blame. They make certain demands and the knock on effect snowballs.

For example, Southend used to request that they not be at home when a West Ham are at home, so you have to set these up on 'opposite' sides. West Ham cannot be at home when (I think) Spurs are, nor can Arsenal. The Pigs certainly used to request an away game on St Ledger Day. To add to this the fixtures have to fit with Rugby World Cup matches this year. Given all that I think they do a decent job to ensure you never have more than two games at home or away in a row and deliver three of each for the last six games of the season.

The Football League are way behind Sky in their lack of consideration of fans who attend games, but, as far as Sky are concerned, paying subscribers ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT fans.

There are so many factors and constraints to combine that it is nigh on impossible to keep midweek away trips localish.

If anything it is the club's to blame. They make certain demands and the knock on effect snowballs.

For example, Southend used to request that they not be at home when a West Ham are at home, so you have to set these up on 'opposite' sides. West Ham cannot be at home when (I think) Spurs are, nor can Arsenal. The Pigs certainly used to request an away game on St Ledger Day. To add to this the fixtures have to fit with Rugby World Cup matches this year. Given all that I think they do a decent job to ensure you never have more than two games at home or away in a row and deliver three of each for the last six games of the season.

The Football League are way behind Sky in their lack of consideration of fans who attend games, but, as far as Sky are concerned, paying subscribers ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT fans.

In the days before computerisation, a colleague of a guy I know was in charge of setting all the fixtures by hand. Imagine the ballache that must have been.