Uwe Rosler

Guest conisbrough

Rosler and Gray know each other from some previous employment. When Rosler got Wigan job said he wanted Gray as number 2. Personally thought Wigan had pulled masterstroke when they signed him up as manager and did well initially and were one of favourites to return to Premiership this season. All went wrong for him at Wigan this year however high profile replacement manager has also failed to turn things round so perhaps not solely down to him.

Think on balance would rather have Comolli.

Knows SG as previously mentioned, so he could work alongside and SG could go back to his original role

Known within the game, more attractive to players than SG

Did a great job at brentford and set the foundations for were they are now

Decent record, harshly sacked by wigan(who are worse off now)

Knowledge of german and Scandinavian football

think of any better/realistic candidates?

do you honestly think gray would revert to being just the coach when his time is up being the top man .i think he as a bit more about than that mate .....as for rosler taking over i can think of at least one better alternative and thats stuart gray .

Don't mind grey but think we need someone else to take us that step further, Stuart greys official role is still technically the coach as far as I'm aware? Who knows what's gonna happen, be an interesting summer for Sure

Officially Head Coach. According to Gray when appointed the remit included complete control over first team affairs.

I'd imagine that barring a disastrous last few games he'll be given the summer to strengthen and show how he can do given a bigger budget. He'd then be judged on the increased expectations.

Edited by Dagmeister

As an aside, during the Pleat decline when we bought numerous midfielders and had Lee Briscoe Peter Atherton and Ian Nolan ahead of Dan Petrescu at full back, Pleaty belatedly began to realise that Hirsty was injury prone. He then went in search of a striker and did an interview lamenting the over pricing of home grown talent. When pressed by the interviewer for an example he said: "well it's no secret within the game that we offered Man City £3million for Uwe Rosler but they turned it down."

Maybe we could have DP back as DOF - he's done it before at Spurs "the lost years"