If only Sheffield Wednesday could have done this..

Was great at the time considering we hadn't even thought about it a few months befor, however I believe that with serious investment we can do a lot better than those prproposals. I like the Kop and north, however the leap is essentially refurbisheDo with an extra I ttier. To me I needs a total rethink from the ground up. Starting by a complete demolition of the existing, including the corner. You can see the corner and link to the north hasn't been thought about at all.

Anyway they are an improvement but I don't ever believe in just settling, we should aim to be at the forefront of stadium design like we were in the past. These designs sadly are not but are a nod towards it. Just my two penneth

Bloody tablet! Hopefully the above post is deciferable

no, you make a good point...

actually i watched other vids off the back of the one in the opening post and one was for future stadiums (to be built between 2015/2021) it was only about 5 mins long.... but as you say, stadia design has drastically moved on,

even since this recent(ish) WC bid upgrade.....

Anyone who's interested in stadium design check out http://populous.com, they produce some cracking designs. Personally though I would be writing off any design that looks as though it's been knocked up in sketchup , great software that had its place but you wouldn't catch the serious players using it nowadays to develop designs.

This is 100% true (about populous).

One of my friends works for them.

As for sketchup, it is good for quickly knocking up a sketch design, though not much more for me. When it comes to documentation or detail work, it shits me to tears. I do know of several professional design firms that use it extensively and they're OK with it.

Guest Frickley Owl

The funny thing about our ground is that for all it's charm and uniqueness it's a mongrel (and I mean that in as nice a way as possible). It seems to be revered by many as some classic design statement when really it is a mish mash of building styles, built over different periods and even parts of it were altered from the original designs mid construction then all banded together with cladding etc. Its time to get real, if we ever get back to the top we need to seriously consider knocking large parts down and starting from scratch or just admitting that football has moved on and start new elsewhere. Whatever is the choice out of the two I'm sure there are a number of firms out there who could use some of the lines, shapes and design features of the current ground to produce a new and totally unique ground for us, modern and fit for purpose and not a generic bowl.

What features would you incorporate into a new design? The gable is iconic for example, could that be used?

Sorry is this the new stadium design or just a over hyped café room under the west stand?

One of the worse videos ive seen. Much rather see the stands new designs rather than a room full of multi coloured chairs. I just don't get this promotion video

Was great at the time considering we hadn't even thought about it a few months befor, however I believe that with serious investment we can do a lot better than those prproposals. I like the Kop and north, however the leap is essentially refurbisheDo with an extra I ttier. To me I needs a total rethink from the ground up. Starting by a complete demolition of the existing, including the corner. You can see the corner and link to the north hasn't been thought about at all.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember reading somewhere about local residents' concerns regarding any alterations to the height of the North and adjoining corners, so in order to get approval they couldn't really do much to the NW corner aside from put a roof on it. I'm assuming that, given the short timeline involved in getting an easily-approved plan completed in time for the FA's consideration, they wouldn't have had time to look into a more dramatic overhaul.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to remember reading somewhere about local residents' concerns regarding any alterations to the height of the North and adjoining corners, so in order to get approval they couldn't really do much to the NW corner aside from put a roof on it. I'm assuming that, given the short timeline involved in getting an easily-approved plan completed in time for the FA's consideration, they wouldn't have had time to look into a more dramatic overhaul.

Yeh I think you are remembering correctly punksaphil re the residents on Vere Road. It sort of re emphasizes my point of it needing to be looked at in more detail without the time constraints of a looming world cup bid.