Hirsty Bar returns (Part 2)

Perhaps future events will have a 'turn' doing Bonnie Tyler covers, and a meat raffle?

So james what are YOUR suggestions to make it more up to date ?

Or are you just going to continue with your constant sniping at everything .

At least we make an effort and are helping the academy etc

What have you and your cohorts contributed ?

Following the event last week we carried out a customer satisfaction survey and have substantially more positive responses than the handful of snipers on here who weren't even there,

Blunkett hound , why not come along to the next one see what we do and then advise what yo do differently, tell you what I'll pay for your ticket !! And buy you a pie as well .

Following the event last week we carried out a customer satisfaction survey and have substantially more positive responses than the handful of snipers on here who weren't even there .

Can anyone else spot the fatal flaw in surveying those who chose to go to a raffle and bingo night asking them if they enjoyed the raffle and bingo night?

Come on lads - this is BASIC stuff here

FFS

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Steve French

Blunkett hound , why not come along to the next one see what we do and then advise what yo do differently, tell you what I'll pay for your ticket !! And buy you a pie as well .

Wooooooah there.

Been before (got a signed Hirsty in Asda sponsored shirt postcard). It's just not my thing. I very much doubt many blokes aged 18-40 would say it was really for them. And I doubt there has ever been an event with more than 5-10 women at it. I just think you need to think about the demographic you are aiming for. At present it seems you're only interested in catering for older blokes. Can't understand why you take that feedback do badly, it's just the truth. And as Neil said, feedback from those there on the night it's pretty much pointless.

As for the mardy reply you posted to me, I understand your frustration which is why I made a point of saying in my post that it's a good cause and you're all trying hard. Biting my head off in response is uncalled for really, sarcasm will get you nowhere.

As for asking me to come up with different ideas... Why should I? That's not my place. I was just offering the point of view of an average, 30 something, cash rich but time short fan, with a young family. Exactly the type of fans you should be aiming for. Target old men, get a flutter of older men. Target young families, get a bloke with his missus who then takes the kids to the game, buys them all shirts etc etc. Kids get hooked... Circle of life.

So what do you think we could do to attract these 30 year old's , we all know what you think we shouldn't do, but what should we do?

Please read my post it is not Mardy at all it is inviting you to help us at no cost to yourself, you seem to know what we shouldn't be doing, but we need to replace it with something otherwise we lose what we have got.

Neil - tell me , other than from the handful of people on here posting negative feedback, how we get feedback on an event they have not attended?

I don't recall ever being asked about my non-attendance at any event, but get customer satisfaction surveys for a lot of events/concerts etc I go to

Have you ever done a survey of the swfc fans who don't come on owlstalk at all what they think of it?.

Or indeed surveyed people who have not seen or heard one of your bands?

Edited by pahowl

Guest Steve French

When I said it's not up to punters to tell you what to do I meant it.

Let's create an scenario. You buy a car from Ford. It runs fine, gets you from A to B but it's a little basic. You feel that there could be more luxuries and the design needs modernising, to make it more up to date in comparison to your best friends Toyota, which cost roughly the same but has more modern features. Ford ask you why you want to trade it in, you tell them it is a little old fashioned and basic, you even go as far as specifically mentioning that it has a cassette player but cassettes are not now commonly sold.

Do they:

A) Ask you to redesign the car, offering you a free car for your troubles.

B) Keep the same design and ignore the declining sales figures and feedback. After all, it still does reasonably well and it's a trusted design.

C) Consider the sale figures, consider the feedback and get together in a meeting to discuss updating the design.

Simple as that really.

The difference is you have not bought or tried the product , so we have asked for feedback from those attending to see what they think and asked for suggestions of how we can improve it.

You and I know from the latest sales figures that we need to find out what the masses want, we can all say we want it more upto date, but as has been suggested we are only custodians of Wednesdayite , it belongs to you the fans so we appeal for ideas to discuss.

Guest Steve French

So what you're saying is that because I havnt been to the latest one, and because I won't tell you how to improve it in future my opinion about the ones from the past and why I won't be attending in future is invalid.

Ok then.

So james what are YOUR suggestions to make it more up to date ?

Or are you just going to continue with your constant sniping at everything .

At least we make an effort and are helping the academy etc

What have you and your cohorts contributed ?

Following the event last week we carried out a customer satisfaction survey and have substantially more positive responses than the handful of snipers on here who weren't even there,

You mean Bonnie Tyler turns and meat raffles weren't sensible suggestions?! :o

I've done more for the Academy and Community Programme than you will ever know, so has Neil and Owlstalk over the years. Not that it matters because its irrelevant to the topic, we're discussing a Wednesdayite event in a thread about a Wednesdayite event. Again, you're suggesting something should be immune to criticism just because it raises funds for something. That's flawed thinking.

Surveying the people who went about that event is all good and well to get a nice pat on the back, but it is fundamentally, and comically, flawed too.

There's tens of thousands of people who didn't go, you know... Perhaps they have reasons why?