Hirsty Bar returns (Part 2)

Following the very successful return of Hirsty Bar after an injury lay off, we are please to announce the 2nd of the return programme . it will take place on Wednesday 3rd December in the newly refurbished 1867 Lounge

The Landlord, David Hirst, has invited two special guests to this one - Stuart Gray and Lee Bullen with MC John Pearson making sure proceedings run smoothly.

So if you want some bar room banter and want to play stand up bingo or just want to ask the first team management team that question you have always wanted to ask, then book now as we expect this one to sell out.

You can get your tickets here:

Click Here

Pie - yes if you want it , with or without peas/ with or without gravy for only £4.25 

Yes and as you know Neil, it goes down well, people like retro stuff!

Its actually called testicles Bingo these days. some of Hirsty's best one liners are included in the Bingo session.

We are looking at taking it into this century using the ipad bingo app, which we now use on coaches for our football bingo!

We also do a raffle with paper raffle tickets !!!! - 

Yes Bingo and raffle are part of Hirsty Bar which as you have attended many times in the past you will know :rolleyes:

These alone generated almost £400 on the night.

The attendance at last nights was almost 100, which is better than we ever achieved at comedy nights.

For the one in December ticket sales are already above this and we expect to sell out the event

The attendance at last nights was 96 not including bar staff and security.

For the one in December ticket sales are already above this and we expect to sell out the event in the 1867 lounge (capacity 250-270) depending on layout

I can let you have the attendance figures over the past 3 years of events if you want them

The 1867 lounge is looking good after having a £100k refurbishment in July 2014 with brand new carpeting, decor, extended bar are and air con/ heating system

I would say they are on an upward trend 

55, 69 ,96. next time 200+

The number of people attending is always a lot higher when the current manager is there. this is why the Nov 11 event and the May 13 event were so high.

The number of people attending is always a lot higher when the current manager is there. this is why the Nov 11 event and the May 13 event were so high.

Also the poorly attended ones are where they have been put on sale  at very short notice for various reasons

If only Owlstalk had sorted the pies issue quicker last time we would have had over 150 there with James Hargreaves bringing all his mates along!

Edited by pahowl

post-4683-0-64771800-1414671995_thumb.pn

I'd suggest that from the really low numbers, that there's a lot of work needed to increase attendances at these events.

It looks like people are tired of the format and despite numbers crawling up extremely slowly over the last three events, really these nights should be sold out every time.

It's got potential to be a banging night, but raffles and standup bingo is like something an old folks home would do in between bath time and watching songs of praise

Do the club help with marketing/promoting these events at all ?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member

Also the poorly attended ones are where they have been put on sale  at very short notice for various reasons

!

The best attended one out of all those had tickets on sale less than 2 weeks before

Guest Deleted member

I'm assuming the 55 event is the one that Peter ran in Sheridans withYoann Folly and Steve Haslam? I counted mid 50s that night?

What was the event that attracted 69?

Guest Deleted member

Sorry. Just seen the dates.

Apparently my counting was out.

WhO was on at the 55 event? I don't remember that ?

Edited by Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Like what?

In my corporate experiences it was always much better to provide constructive criticism, which meant don't criticise if you can't provide an alternative