Who went?

I suppose its a good sign that we can have something of an off night (comparative of other 3 games) and still be unlucky to draw vs top of league. One thing is for sure, nowt to fear in this league if we can get some depth in our squad to compliment/improve what we already have. 

True. We didn't play well and we haven't lost. Against a team that are doing well and have much more depth in their squad.

Remember it.

At the time I was impressed to see a forward player using the old fashioned hand gestures.

Hopefully as they get used to him they will pick him out.

What did you think of Palmer tonight?

I thought they were quite clearly trying to physical him out of the game with those diagonal balls after about 10 minutes in.

Not sure Buxton would have been as easily roughed up.

I thought Palmer did ok, as most he wasn't as good as Saturday. I think he is making that position his own, yes he gets caught out sometimes but makes up for it with his pace. Didn;t seem to put the whipped crosses in tonight though.

I thought Palmer did ok, as most he wasn't as good as Saturday. I think he is making that position his own, yes he gets caught out sometimes but makes up for it with his pace. Didn;t seem to put the whipped crosses in tonight though.

The lack of quality crosses was something that did grate with me.

I'm not overly convinced with the 'inside out wingers thing' Only Waddle has ever really worked it properly for me.

Though even Mattock on his one decent surge of the second half cut in on his weaker foot when in position to whip one in for May and Madine who had split to front and back post respectively.

Guest Big Guns

didnt go but saw enough our goal was a lucky deflection and one of our players dived out of the way of the shot for there goal

Yep I went. Thought we edged it. Bar the penalty, westwood didn't have a save to make. I still can't quite grasp how on 94 mins 30 secs the ball was at their corner flag and by 94 mins 50 secs it was in our net. Very frustrating. Also very worrying that 3 games in we appear to have lost our two starting central midfielders, one of whom is our best player.

Maguire lost it at their corner flag, if he' tapped it out for a throw we win. They had a lad unmarked waiting to receive, just in case and it all went from there.

The tempo wasn't as high as it had been against Derby and Notts County.  We burst out of the blocks in those games like liverpool and tried to get the early breakthrough.  That didn't happen last night and i thought all game we looked a bit tired.  Especially Maghoma in the last 20 minutes.  When Madine came on he played a MAGNIFICENT ball through for him and he just didn't have the spark to turn and get it that he usually has.  Credit to him though, he's played well so far this season.  

I thought we nullified their threat for the majority of the game, they only came in to it in the last 15 mins or so.  Never really felt threatened by them, just as i never thought Derby were going to score against us Saturday.  Defensively we looked fantastic first half.  Lees is a fantastic acquisition and Palmer at right back looks premiership class at times, worryingly so.

Overall, solid, but leggy.

Guest _Ibbo_

So why did Helan when bearing down on goal end up running to the corner flag when it was obvious the defender was gonna catch him?

Because he made the wrong decision... went left instead of right.... 

Because he never knows what to do with the bloody ball. I can guarantee this guy is the fastest in our team and one of the fastest in the league. Just poo with the ball

Speedboat without a driver.

Edited by mrgund

Because he made the wrong decision... went left instead of right.... 

he hadn't beaten the defender for speed at all, he was being closed down.  He should have just pelted it early doors and tested the keeper.

In fairness, their defenders were like lightning last night.  Kept up with Maghoma and Helan when he came on.

Positives.......Defence looked solid last night. Loovens and Lees look like they have played together for years...very impressive. Palmer imo had a good game. Plenty of running, always wanting the ball and trying to create space down the right. May looks lively, making spaces, intelligent running. Nuhiu worked his socks off again and Mags did well beating his man. Hutch looked solid, great eye for a pass.

Negatives.....Nuhiu didn't find May with any of his flick ons. Time and time again the ball was put up to him, May would make a run and the ball would go in the wrong direction. I know we are only 2 games in with this partnership, hopefully it will come good soon. Maguire's passing was truly terrible in the 1st half. Mags beats his man but kept cutting inside when a whipped cross into the box would have been more dangerous...(proper winger needed ASAP) Hutch got injured, this disrupted our play so much.  

Overall it was an entertaining game. The ref was awful. Millwall play some good tappy tappy football but really offered no threat past the half way line. One real chance and they buried it, great play for the goal too. We had the far better chances in the game but failed to convert. Oh and the scrap in the away end after our goal...nawwwwty!!