Which Person At The Club Decides?

Sondico: Hello Mr X at Sheffield Wednesday, got the shirt design you sent. Your shorts and sock colour options are blue, black or white. What colour do you want?

Mr X at Sheffield Wednesday: Blue shorts, blue socks please.

Who is Mr X?

You're bein serious arnt you? I 100% kno for a fact that major shareholders at FCUM decided on options for kit based on what their chosen manufacturer put to em. Why would they be different to any other club? Club signs a deal wi a manufacturer, gives am a brief, manufacturer choses from designs portfolio or bespoke design (based on contract) an puts concepts to club, club picks best option.

I am being serious, yes.

Ultimately it's a collaboration between the manufacturer and club.

Brief comes from the club, but Sondico also have the ability to turn around and say 'no, this is how we want our brand to be presented'

In the end, nothing is achieved without this collaboration.

Guest Steve French

Sondico: Hello Mr X at Sheffield Wednesday, got the shirt design you sent. Your shorts and sock colour options are blue, black or white. What colour do you want?

Who is Mr X?

Will be all the board or a director ad imagine. I know we signed the deal wi Sondico last year and they bin workin on the design a long time. Enough time for some back and forth between the two.

Guest Steve French

I am being serious, yes.

Ultimately it's a collaboration between the manufacturer and club.

Brief comes from the club, but Sondico also have the ability to turn around and say 'no, this is how we want our brand to be presented'

In the end, nothing is achieved without this collaboration.

So sondico don't just tell us what were having then? Like you first said. Thanks.

Sondico: Hello Mr X at Sheffield Wednesday, got the shirt design you sent. We recommend you have this with black shorts...here are the samples

Sondico: Sorry, our design guidelines and brand imagine will only allow for black shorts

Mr X: But the fans want blue

Sondico: We'll put WAWAW in t'collar. Will that do?

Mr X: Grand. Black it is.

Guest Steve French

Actual minutes from FCUM:

"Members Vote 5

At the 2013 General Meeting members voted in favour of a resolution that states “If co-owners vote in favour of a new kit design at the AGM, the Board of FC United will then draw up a short list of FOUR kit designs.

The Board have selected four shirts that are to be voted on at this General Meeting along with one shirt added at the request of a group of 13 members.

The board recommend to the members that the voting system to be used at future General Meetings will be a simple ‘first past the post’ option meaning the shirt design with most votes will be used.

A – 19.9%

B – 27.5%

C – 31.6%

D – 8.2%

E – 11.7%

Members’ Vote 5 required a vote in favour of a simple majority of those Members who voted in person or by post."

So a tin pot club like them choose kit but us big clubs get told by manufacturer wot were having. Um. Nope.

Yep - they decide how they want their product to be presented.

You said they choose and we accept what they tell us. Look. Here ya said so.

Actual minutes from FCUM:

"Members Vote 5

At the 2013 General Meeting members voted in favour of a resolution that states “If co-owners vote in favour of a new kit design at the AGM, the Board of FC United will then draw up a short list of FOUR kit designs.

The Board have selected four shirts that are to be voted on at this General Meeting along with one shirt added at the request of a group of 13 members.

The board recommend to the members that the voting system to be used at future General Meetings will be a simple ‘first past the post’ option meaning the shirt design with most votes will be used.

A – 19.9%

B – 27.5%

C – 31.6%

D – 8.2%

E – 11.7%

Members’ Vote 5 required a vote in favour of a simple majority of those Members who voted in person or by post."

So a tin pot club like them choose kit but us big clubs get told by manufacturer wot were having. Um. Nope.

Totally different club.

How about you compare how a flagship club design process works.

and that is basically they equivalent of picking them out of a catalogue - why wouldn't Sondico just send us their lookbook and we can choose one?

Edited by McRightSide

Guest Steve French

Totally different club.

How about you compare how a flagship club design process works.

Orate chap. I'm not goin to argue wi you cause you're clearly ITK.

Who is Mr X?

Grandad picks the colour/s and Nev's micrometer determines the width of the stripes.

Guest Steve French

When Liverpool signed that deal wi Warrior there was a fuss when a committee chose a design for the 96 that some of the families said wa disrespectful. There ya go. A 'flagship' club picked a committee to chose the design of the kit. Nar who was on that committee I dunno.

"A spokesman said: "The club consulted with the HFSG committee and shared a number of alternative designs which were considered.

"The committee selected a design, which includes the number 96 to recognise those who lost their lives. Nobody has more respect for the 96 and their families than this football club."

When Liverpool signed that deal wi Warrior there was a fuss when a committee chose a design for the 96 that some of the families said wa disrespectful. There ya go. A 'flagship' club picked a committee to chose the design of the kit. Nar who was on that committee I dunno.

"A spokesman said: "The club consulted with the HFSG committee and shared a number of alternative designs which were considered.

"The committee selected a design, which includes the number 96 to recognise those who lost their lives. Nobody has more respect for the 96 and their families than this football club."

You can have any colour you want as long as its black.

Ok, I'll try again. Who at the club (person/s), would Sondico collaborate with??

I thought it was such a simple question too!

Haha, yes, it seemed like it.

Often it will involve of committee of people, but the main counterpart would be the Commercial Director.

Depending on scale, Retail leaders would potentially be involved.

Guest Steve French

Haha, yes, it seemed like it.

Often it will involve of committee of people, but the main counterpart would be the Commercial Director.

Depending on scale, Retail leaders would potentially be involved.

So the manufacturer don't just choose a design an tell the club that's wat they're having then? So it happens exactly like I said it did with a board meeting of owners/directors or committee. Like at FCUM?

Tha flip flops more than a bloody Tory.