caolan lavery

Guest swampyowl1972

Guest swampyowl1972

Can somebody please explain why this kid isnt being given a chance. He was supposed to go out on loan but obviously hasnt, so why doesnt he get on the pitch. before u all.say he had a chance at the burnley game and blew it, strikers need a run of games to gain confidence and hit the net. He obviously knows where the net is, give the kid a chance playing off the big man up front. And i mean start with him let him run at defenders, dont just put him on with ten mins left. The kid could be the light that this derisory season needs to kick start it, give him a go!

Guest swampyowl1972

I mean how bad can he be, gotta be better than playing a winger up front who aint scoring. put the wingers back on the wings. And play the kid thru the centre, for gks.sake jones get some balls and back bone man, take a risk.

Inexperienced, and needs loaning; DJs already said that. He's done well to get himself involved, but lets face it...with Maguire out of favour and Madine unavailable there's zero competition.

Guest swampyowl1972
Posted · Hidden September 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden September 15, 2013 - No reason given

Didnt realise ozzie the owl was a striker. last time i looked he was the club mascot, so get a grip u idiot. what u doing posting before mummy tucks u up in bed. at least my argument is feasible, ur comment is just ridiculous so.why even bother posting u moron!

We are getting to the "play the kids,at least they'll try" stage already...

I agree, that this is usually just ridiculous and straw-clutching reactionary shouting.  

However, it doesn't apply in every case, just because someone is young.  He is quite highly rated at Hillsborough, and the odd time I've seen him he looks fairly lively.  I'm not saying he should be starting, but the odd 10-15 minute here and there, especially when we have no alternatives, won't hurt him.  Personally, considering how inept we looked going forward today, I'd have had him on for the last 10.  Sometimes the naivety of youth can pay off.

OK he might not be 'ready', and needs loaning out, but when we are chasing a goal and he's on the bench, surely its better having a young striker on with that strikers instinct for the last 10, than a winger up front without it?

Guest swampyowl1972

Nycowl at least he is one the kids who has been scoring goals in the development squad.and not a winger up.front who offers nothing. so ur argument is what exactly? Do we play a striker up.front who has scored goals this season that be with the dev squad, or a winger who should be on the wing and has no confidence in front of goal. no brainer for me, but hey we will go with the winger still off the big man then yeah.

Guest Sheff Owl

Surely players need a run in the side to get confidence and get in the swings of things but DJ isn't willing to give them that.

It seems you play rubbish and you get dropped (only applies to certain players tho).

Can't see how playing for us would help him right now with how we're playing. We'll just hoof the ball up to him and provide him with little to no support and destroy any confidence he may have.

Needs to go on loan. DJ said this week that they've had a few offers for our players on loan but we'll only send them to a club which we believe will be right for the player. Its just a case of waiting for the right one