BLACKBURN ROVERS 1-2 WEDNESDAY, 1965/66 (FA CUP 6TH ROUND)

Great to see this after so many years. I went to all Wednesday's (away) matches in the FA cup that year.

So did I!

My dad was convinced we were going to go to Wembley that year so much so that for the first time ever we got season tickets, with my uncle as well, in the North. All to make sure we got Wembley tickets!

All the games that year were played on real mudbaths which helped our youthful side but this one at Blackburn was the worst. The black and white film doesn't really convey just how much water was lying on the surface; when I first saw it from the stand there was more water than pitch. No way they'd play on that today!

So did I!

My dad was convinced we were going to go to Wembley that year so much so that for the first time ever we got season tickets, with my uncle as well, in the North. All to make sure we got Wembley tickets!

All the games that year were played on real mudbaths which helped our youthful side but this one at Blackburn was the worst. The black and white film doesn't really convey just how much water was lying on the surface; when I first saw it from the stand there was more water than pitch. No way they'd play on that today!

And today the keeper would have been sent off for hauling Quinn down PLUS a penalty.