Why Oh Why ?

Do we retreat back to the half way line and invite pressure from the opposition.

Is DJ not confident in the players ability on the ball.

"THE MADOWLS" telly wasn't long enough to see our defence they were so far back. And it's a 42" screen.

We are playing as a counter attacking side. Fair enough away against the top teams. But at home no thanks DJ. Absolute joke.

Can't explain it.

The further up the pitch you win the ball back, the nearer you are to there goal and the further away you are from your own. (obvious I know)

Why don't we adopt this attitude.

I said in a thread earlier, that a pressuring game can still be a disciplined game.

The whole current set up when we don't have possession is wrong IMO. I don't like it at all and I don't think it will ever work and will always invite pressure on our defensive third of the pitch.

Can't explain it.

The further up the pitch you win the ball back, the nearer you are to there goal and the further away you are from your own. (obvious I know)

Why don't we adopt this attitude.

I said in a thread earlier, that a pressuring game can still be a disciplined game.

The whole current set up when we don't have possession is wrong IMO. I don't like it at all and I don't think it will ever work and will always

invite pressure on our defensive third of the pitch.

Amen !! It's awful and will never ever work long term. What's more and this may be a little controversial. I thought football was supposed to be entertaining. We pay good money to watch a game. We can accept the odd boring game it happens. But every week ?? One up front ?? Sitting back like sitting ducks ?? Not for "THE MADOWL".

Amen !! It's awful and will never ever work long term. What's more and this may be a little controversial. I thought football was supposed to be entertaining. We pay good money to watch a game. We can accept the odd boring game it happens. But every week ?? One up front ?? Sitting back like sitting ducks ?? Not for "THE MADOWL".

4-5-1 can easily turn into 4-3-3 and can be exciting to watch.

It's how you're set up to play within the system though.

At the moment, the lack of energy, pace, movement, pressure our players are showing are giving teams plenty of time to be patient and eventually pick us to pieces.

The current way is not working.

Do we retreat back to the half way line and invite pressure from the opposition.

Is DJ not confident in the players ability on the ball.

"THE MADOWLS" telly wasn't long enough to see our defence they were so far back. And it's a 42" screen.

We are playing as a counter attacking side. Fair enough away against the top teams. But at home no thanks DJ. Absolute joke.

Know what you mean at times last night even when in a bit of space we couldn't wait to get rid thankfully it only happened a couple of times whereas Boro seemed to have time and most of the time somebody to pass to.

I was thinking this, we are so deep. I think we do it due to our centre backs having no pace and a high line would cause runners in behind. I think this should be addressed because as previously stated, the higher up the pitch we press the less chance of just inviting needless pressure.