An experienced midfielder.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Guest totemowl

In what way am I bashing Barkley!

What I'm saying is comparing them is Wierd, completely different types of players..surely thats obvious?

It's quite probable that Watson at 18 was very different to Watson at 35.

I don't think they are that different, in terms of what Barkley could bring to us in CM, but as I said he's got a long way to go.

As stated, we're missing the point here by pinning our hopes on Lines, some loanee, A N Other. You cannot seriously tell me the current squad is not good enough to be top half of this league! The teams we have played (for the vast majority) have been crap. It's just we've been worse. It's the style of play, the set-up and, as someone said earlier, wrong instructions to individuals. I rate Jones and believe he will pull us out of this mess but the book stops with him and he needs to address these problems. The round pegs in round holes cliche is the most pursuant. Drop Bothroyd & Pecnik...and Semedo and any one else who is under-performing. Get Major or JJ down one wing, play Mccabe who always looks tidy. Madine looks to be chomping at the bit and Rodri would play well just behind him. Just get the team playing smoothly and THEN introduce some quality if deemed necessary.

If that doesn't work, then f*ck knows! lol

Guest Hola Tidman

Ive realised this last couple of weeks that there really are a lot of people on here who either dont go to the games or are clueless about football

There are a lot of decent posts on this thread.

I think Lines is an unknown at this level.

A brute would be good but one with half a brain.

Like Bullard if he hadn't of retired or Diop or Wellens like folks have mentioned.

What about Reo-Coker? Is he still on a free?

Yep - Bolton had Keith Andrews, Hull had Olifinjana, Hudds had Southern, Brum now got Diop,Blackburn got Murphy,Wolves got Karl Henry,

we need similar - experienced , canny, nuisance like, spoiling, annoying, irritating barsteward type who wants to run and even ref the game but can also play a bit yet stick a foot in when things not going well and take some pressure off defence

exactly where Joey might have fitted in , or some one dare I say Savagelike , sure we've come up against these types many times and theyve been seen to run the game even if not in a footballing way !