WELL THAT WAS LOT BETTER !

Guest Go For It Owl

Really? I go to the USA with us in 2nd place and return today to watch what appears to be a totally different team and find us third bottom. What the hell has been going on here? Please can someone explain where the positivity I observed against Birmingham and Millwall has gone. ????????????????

somebody decided to change the team for the worse ,but by all accounts it wasn'nt the manager at fault now certain players are getting boo'd there are players fighting owlstalks arguing for and against and DJ's lost the plot ,

Hope that helps Braddo mate

somebody decided to change the team for the worse ,but by all accounts it wasn'nt the manager at fault now certain players are getting boo'd there are players fighting owlstalks arguing for and against and DJ's lost the plot ,

Hope that helps Braddo mate

What? why was the team changed Trevdi - we were an attreactive winning side! Who's fault was this exactly? Why are players being booed and getting involved in fights? And why has DJ lost the plot? I was there during the 17 game unbeated run and not a lot needed tweaking - please explain how I leave the country for a few weeks and arrive back to this debacle - I need more in depth analysis please!

after palace match which we lost , DJ has done nothing but change the team, injuries played a part in it admitted but at one game only Antonio and d jones played out of last years team ,we lost , we have had mattock playing in Buxtons position wher he was garbage ending in two yellows and sendingoff we have had jj playing there as well ,neglected Lee saying he wasn't ready , but when forced to play him, he was brilliant , but gashed his foot thats why jj ended up in defence ,he put Taylor in as captain straight away and dropped llierra and put it in the press that llierra was dropped for causing to many goals ; but Taylor was worse never looked like a player the crowd reacted to dropping cog for bothroyd who had atwitter tantrum against the fans for booing him ,and admitted he was not fit anyway ,the crowd had a go at taylor and he had a go at the crowd Bothroyed went face to face with him and he stormed off down the tunnel ,all these episodes came in the matches we lost ,and also the team looked clueless in most of them ,some reckon the team from last year would'nt be good enough for the championship 'i have my own thoughts on that tbh ,,and Dj seems to be making a pigsear of the whole lot ,So thats causing arguments on owlstalk ,

Thats the best i can come up with Braddo hope it gives you an idea mate ,

after palace match which we lost , DJ has done nothing but change the team, injuries played a part in it admitted but at one game only Antonio and d jones played out of last years team ,we lost , we have had mattock playing in Buxtons position wher he was garbage ending in two yellows and sendingoff we have had jj playing there as well ,neglected Lee saying he wasn't ready , but when forced to play him, he was brilliant , but gashed his foot thats why jj ended up in defence ,he put Taylor in as captain straight away and dropped llierra and put it in the press that llierra was dropped for causing to many goals ; but Taylor was worse never looked like a player the crowd reacted to dropping cog for bothroyd who had atwitter tantrum against the fans for booing him ,and admitted he was not fit anyway ,the crowd had a go at taylor and he had a go at the crowd Bothroyed went face to face with him and he stormed off down the tunnel ,all these episodes came in the matches we lost ,and also the team looked clueless in most of them ,some reckon the team from last year would'nt be good enough for the championship 'i have my own thoughts on that tbh ,,and Dj seems to be making a pigsear of the whole lot ,So thats causing arguments on owlstalk ,

Thats the best i can come up with Braddo hope it gives you an idea mate ,

Wow! Thanks for the update Trevdi. I saw the Birmingham and Millwall games before heading off to the USA. I went to the Hull game and could not believe the transformation in the team and certainly not the league position. I was gobsmacked! My view is that the bulk of the promotion team was good enough with a few additions with a view to changing it in January if it wasn't working out. The positivity and spirit is clearly gone from last season and I believe the departure of Terry Burton hasn't helped. On what I have seen today I would give DJ a few more games but i am not MM!

Agreed mate it wants sorting and quicker the better tbh i don't wish DJ to be sacked but if he can't stop the slide it is inevitable this will happen at some point ,Milan has sunk a fair bit of money into this venture and i don't think he will take kindly to th possibility of losing championship status but that said how much time does he get to rectify it ,tbh i think DJhas tried to much to soon ,and it isn't working at the moment

Agreed mate it wants sorting and quicker the better tbh i don't wish DJ to be sacked but if he can't stop the slide it is inevitable this will happen at some point ,Milan has sunk a fair bit of money into this venture and i don't think he will take kindly to th possibility of losing championship status but that said how much time does he get to rectify it ,tbh i think DJhas tried to much to soon ,and it isn't working at the moment

Yep, agreed. He really has tried to change too much. I think a lot of it is to do with ego's. Meggo and DJ don't get on and I think DJ was determined to rip up Meggo's side asap but it has had disastrous results and I don't believe DJ reallly knows how to salvage this situation. I really don't think MM will stick this much longer and will pull the trigger very shortly.

Milan sacked GM after 4 straight defeats bounded either side with a victory. DJ has now lost 6 of the last 7, with just 1 draw to show and no sign of returning to winning ways. I think the end may well come during the current two week break, basically as soon as Milan has secured a replacement.

Given his relationship with 'Arry, there has been speculation about this, but can't see him moving up North however you never know. Leicester also rumoured to be in for him too and they have enough money that he might be tempted in which case Nigel Pearson would suddenly be available and I think he would be an excellent replacement if MM acts.

I liked DJ, but since GM made a comment a few weeks ago that "It is still my side" DJ seems to have gone out of his way to dismantle the side and has allowed his ego to take over his judgement, consequently my faith in him and his ability to turn it round is greatly shaken. No manager should allow his ego to come before the good of the team and sadly I think that is what has happened.

Edited by Utah Owl

Milan sacked GM after 4 straight defeats bounded either side with a victory. DJ has now lost 6 of the last 7, with just 1 draw to show and no sign of returning to winning ways. I think the end may well come during the current two week break, basically as soon as Milan has secured a replacement.

Given his relationship with 'Arry, there has been speculation about this, but can't see him moving up North however you never know. Leicester also rumoured to be in for him too and they have enough money that he might be tempted in which case Nigel Pearson would suddenly be available and I think he would be an excellent replacement if MM acts.

I liked DJ, but since GM made a comment a few weeks ago that "It is still my side" DJ seems to have gone out of his way to dismantle the side and has allowed his ego to take over his judgement, consequently my faith in him and his ability to turn it round is greatly shaken. No manager should allow his ego to come before the good of the team and sadly I think that is what has happened.

MM has always said whatever he does at the club, he will do it for the fans. Some are calling for DJ to go, some are wanting him to have more time. Difficult for Mandaric at the moment and I am sure he feels for the supporters. But all said, he is running a business and he is keen to cash this one in with a healthy profit and as he said on BBC last month "I wasn't born here, I don't intend to die here". It wouldn't surprise me if Jones went on Monday morning but nothing from the Leeds and Blackburn games will, I think, make it very difficult for MM to stay with him.

Guest Big Guns

With only two nembers of the band on the kop !

Glad to see you've got your priorities right were in a relegation dog fight and all your bothered about is the band ,I take it that's,why the kop was silent tday then...

Guest intercity0wl

Thats the bit i dont get Trev, dont get me wrong he can sink as much or as little as he likes, he is after all the clubs owner, but if you are actually talking about the playing side of the venture, i would suggest the amount he has tried to get success by investing is minimal,( which has always been his way) hence why DJ has brought in youngsters and players who have had an injury plagued past, or were surplus to requirements at there clubs.

Will always be indebted to MM for obvious reasons, but if its real quality, big money buys people are wanting to come in, well it just wont happen with MM at the helm.

So better just enjoy what he has provided enough for at the monent, ie Championship football, we wont go down he will see to that by spending just enough to avoid it, but promotion or chalklenging for play offs at this level, with the quality around, na, thats for the future when he has moved on, it jus wont happen under MM.

Guest Go For It Owl

Glad to see you've got your priorities right were in a relegation dog fight and all your bothered about is the band ,I take it that's,why the kop was silent tday then...

Just thought i'd put up a positive on the forun instead of joining the moan fest BG

Fed up of hearing people sit there and moan about how poo poo we are. They ought to get off their arses and back the team non stop all match. I'm sure theres more partimers and pigs on here than Wednesday fans !!!