Expectations

Everyone seems a bit downhearted at our recent form and rightly so but......

What was everyone's expectations of this season bearing in mind we are a newly promoted club ?

Personally i always said i would be happy with anything above bottom 5 or 6, staying up is a priority in my book and it doesn't matter how high up we finish.

We made a great start to the season which i think was on the crest of last year's promotion wave.....and one i certainly wasn't expecting, and now the division is settling down a bit and team's are finding there own, and indeed others, strengths and weaknesess and we find ourselves hovering near the bottom - Where i expected us to be !!

So, is it a case of we were all getting a bit giddy about being joint top after 2 or 3 games and we are actually good enough to be a top 3 Championship side ..or, as i see it.....we surprised others and ourselves by being up there but are now realising that we are not really good enough to be up there and are now settling into what i expected us to be doing ?

I guess how disappointed you are at the moment will be based on how much expectation you have put on the side, at the start of the season and then again after 3 or 4 games.....remember, we're still a club that is undergoing upheaval and change and it will take time.......lets get it right rather than expecting us to rush it....

Up the Owls !!!

Edited by Owl_in_Hudds

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Neil said we would be signing 'poo yer pants exciting' players.

I trust Neil implicitly.

He clearly was not wrong - I am currently sh1tting my pants but sadly not in a good way....

Guest insideowl

mid table with the team we had.

We have then gone on to sign a boat load of players. With doing that i then expect to be chasing promotion.

Instead we look as though we are in for a long season with our new squad.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Start of the season?

Top six minimum.

Why not?

And on target with three games gone..

Was clearly disappointing enough for DJ to mess around with things.

Guest insideowl

This^^^^^^^

I want our old side back.

I firmly believe our old side would have beat our current side.

Kirkland vs Bywater either for me

Buxton vs Lee buxton

Baath vs Taylor Baath

LLera vs Gardner LLera

Reda

Antonio

Semedo vs Mcabe Semedo

Lines vs Barkley Barkley

JJ

Madine vs Bothroyd Madine

COG vs Rodri COG

Guest zico sterland

14th to 6th but it seems the new signings are not good enough,definitley poo poo your pants defenders and cart horse forwards none with any pace,so now 14th to 21st .

I firmly believe our old side would have beat our current side.

Kirkland vs Bywater either for me

Buxton vs Lee buxton

Baath vs Taylor Baath

LLera vs Gardner LLera

Reda

Antonio

Semedo vs Mcabe Semedo

Lines vs Barkley Barkley

JJ

Madine vs Bothroyd Madine

COG vs Rodri COG

I said this Friday and got crucified for it.

Guest insideowl

I said this Friday and got crucified for it.

I'll let you know how i get on!!!

100% right mind. Its not just the players it the attitude, work rate, fitness, organisation, teamwork.

Guest plymouthowl

Before the season started I thought top ten was realistic and I still think this is more than achievable. After being on such a great run this reaction was inevitable. The same happen to Huddersfield last year and they still ended up getting promoted.

The last few weeks have been very disappointing but when you remember back to last Sept when we got absolutely battered by Stevenage, who thought we would go up in auto-matic after that performance?

Still very confident we'll finish top half. DJ will sort it best starting 11, the new players will settle and we'll get ourselves back on track.

Expectations can get a manager sacked / make the team have a very bad season - regardless of which club it is.

My expectations is for us to finish 15th / 16th ... anything higher than 12th then I'll be absolutely delighted. If we're proper scrapping for survival, then I'll be disappointed. Relegation would obviously be devastating.

11th (very specific!)

We are in a run of tough games, palace and burnley aside on paper i thought Hudds (local derby, they do well at hilsbro and they wanted payback on us) Bolton (ex prem), Wolves (ex prem), Hull (promotion candidates and local derby) Blackburn (ex prem) and Leeds (well we know what thatll be like) shows how hard this league is but for us it's even tougher at the moment.

We could have easily got a point on Saturday and the hudds game was one of those days, we just need to work harder without the ball IMHO that is the problem.

I still don't understand what people were really basing their expectations on, good or bad. In the modern era, a large percentage of teams will bring in half a dozen new signings or more, creating a whole new situation that bears little relation to even the previous season. And of course, Wednesday in particular went nuts, signing about 45 players, many of whom we knew little or nothing about.

I started the season with huge expectations - probably unrealisitc ones but what's realism got to do with being a Wednesday supporter?

I expected us to make the play-offs at least and, do you know what, I still do! That's because I expects us to win our next game,......... and the next ............and the next one.......and so on

I am full of expectation for any team wearing the blue and white of SWFC.

Now that doesn't mean I am not disappointed at four defeats on the bounce, of course I am. But expectations remain high and very bouyant.

That's probaby true for more of us than care to admit it on here at the moment where the vogue appears to be nothing but doom, gloom, and wailing and gnashing of teeth!

It'll all be OK. lol:milan: