Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

We needed a Goal Keeper.

We needed a right back.

We needed a left winger.

We needed a centre half and a centre mid

Plus a striker.

Guest kiltonowl

too many strikers is the main issue....no wonder none of them have any confidence!

Do you think Jordan Rhodes would play as well as he is with 5 strikers breathing down his neck, im all for competition for places but chopping and changing is no good, lets start COG and Madine for 5 games, regardless of how they play and see how they get on. Also feel for Maguire.

It is also ruining the morale and camraderie we had last year.

Id swap Gardener and Taylor for Baath in an instant , DJs keep talking about the championship being on a different level hence his reluctance to sign Baath and instead go for experience....pfft.

Edited by kiltonowl

Guest hoggyswfc111

got that about right, just needed a bit more quality we didnt have. now we've got a squad where i bet half of them dont know eachothers names yet

I actually think we got pretty close to what we needed.

Weaver isn't up to it anymore. Needed a keeper got a keeper.

Bennett was never going to play and Dan Jones didn't look Championship level in previous seasons. Needed a left back.

Only had Buxton on the right. Needed a right back.

Lost Batth and Rob Jones wasn't ever going to fit the DJ style at Championship level. Needed 2 Centre backs.

Only had 1 winger worth keeping (Championship far too high for Mike Jones) needed 3 wide midfielders.

Prutton and Coke were deemed not good enough in League 1. Needed two centre midfielders.

Only had Madine left up front who DJ fancied. Needed two forwards.

In conclusion, I personally feel we generally got the right number of players for our needs. Though we did probably get one too many forwards and one too many centre midfielders.

I think the bigger problem is how many of the new players were either bought to go straight into the first team (Lines if fit, Bywater, Llera and either COG or Lowe didn't necessarily need a replacement, more likely and understudy) or we're bought to not feature in the squad at all at the current time. (Mayor, Corry, MgGuire and perhaps even Amado.)

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm

Guest totemowl

OP must be referring to the team. For the squad we needed 11, all to be ready for senior action:

Goalie

Left back

Right back

Centre back

2 wingers

2 centre mids

3 strikers (total 5 strikers)

Partly cos I didn't think Rob Jones, Lines, COG or Lowe would be good enough to get us promoted again. So far I've been proved right.

Edited by totemowl