How many fans?

Guest VT Plastic Man

Guest VT Plastic Man

It's been well documented that Man Utd have 100 squillion fans around the world but how many people worldwide would consider Wednesday as their team? I'm not talking about people who've necessarily been to games, just people who when asked who they support would say Wednesday. I'd say somewhere around 250,000!! On second thoughts that may be a conservative estimate.

Well Sheffield alone is 550,000 people (Metropolitan area 650,000 - South Yorkshire 1.5 million) so purely in terms of those who might take a partisan interest in us, yes you probably are being conservative.

Guest VT Plastic Man

Good point Utah. Looks like I was been more Conservative than a Tory getting caught with a rent boy whilst simultaneously completing an expenses form.

Guest Markowl1

I was based in northern Ireland in the army in 1994 and you wouldn't believe how many people had Wednesday shirts with sherridan on back also in Germany there was quite a few blue and white Wednesday shirts I recon more than half a million altogether surely

Well Sheffield alone is 550,000 people (Metropolitan area 650,000 - South Yorkshire 1.5 million) so purely in terms of those who might take a partisan interest in us, yes you probably are being conservative.

Population of borough of Rotherham is 250,000 and according to Rotherham fans half of town support Wednesday. :rolleyes:

Judging by how quick the Fulham tickets are selling, it has to be half a million.

Not seen anything like it. Just been speaking to a fan who's flying his whole family over from America just for the game.

And they choose this game to close the kop. Unbelievable. Is there a number i can ring to complain about this? Been trying for hours to get just one ticket for the north west corner.