Danny Mayor Not Fit For Two Weeks

Guest OxtonOwl

Guest OxtonOwl

Heard in DJ's interview after yesterday's heroic performance that he mentioned Danny Mayor still wasn't going to be fit enough to play for another two weeks? Surely he would have still done pre-season with some club even if it wasn't Preston? Just shocked by how long it's going to take to get him ready to play with it only being the start of the season?

Guest OxtonOwl

Yeah I understand that after last night we can clearly manage with him not playing for a few games especially with jj putting in arguably his best performance in a Wednesday shirt but I'm still looking forward to seeing him also Antonio seems a little off from his usual standards although give him time to settle in sure he'll be fine

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

He fell out with his previous manager at Preston (which is not difficult because Graham Westley's a reyt tail). Subsequently, Mayor has hardly trained pre-season. Good player this lad, as well. The futures bright...

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

do you think he was the one who told us their team line up before the game last year?

That was a storm in a tea-cup.

During the game, Westley and Rhodes were chomping at each other on the touchline, and Rhodes gives him something along the lines of 'we knew your team, we were told your team last night'. Obviously Westley didn't take kindly to this, because as an authoritarian it was seen to threaten his power and control. He then reacted like a tool in front of 20,000 fans and after the game via the media.

To be honest, I'm sure opposition players talk and let each other know if they are playing in a game or not. Look at Luiz at Chelsea he has let everyone know via twitter that he he is not playing tonight against Reading. I think at the top level managers can second guess the opposing team and how they will set out.

As said, I think the PNE incident was more down to the fact that it was seen to undermine Westley's authoritative stance in the eyes of others, than anything else.

Good shout by Rhodes though, proper ruffled his feathers.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest OxtonOwl

Can only think that the size and depth and quality of this squad is much much better than any other I've seen in atleast the last 10 years, if a player isn't performing for example I'd say madine seems a little under par so far this season although I appreciate he hasn't played much but we have Rodri and O'Grady to replace like last night I can only see this team going places this year although my prediction would be a solid season finishing about 10th never know however with a good finish could see us pushing for playoffs imo