Is it wrong?

Guest justcraig

Guest justcraig

2 days until the mighty owls walk back on the pitch to play competitive football (ish) and I'm as excited as a fat kid in a cake shop! In fact I'm off to Portugal on me hollybobs for a week and I'm more excited about the season opener! Back to normality! 3 pre match pints of smiths and a beres pork butty before the game and my weekly losing football accumulater!

Bring it on!!

Im as giddy as flip too. The wife gave birth to my baby boy on wednesday (the perfect day for it i know), so footballs taken a back-burner for me last few days. Leaving hospital today tho, n reight looking forward to monday. Not looking forward to telling her im flipping off to pub monday night for match tho lol

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Im as giddy as flip too. The wife gave birth to my baby boy on wednesday (the perfect day for it i know), so footballs taken a back-burner for me last few days. Leaving hospital today tho, n reight looking forward to monday. Not looking forward to telling her im flipping off to pub monday night for match tho lol

Don't worry about the wife the lad will understand.

Guest justcraig

Congratulations, our lass thinks I'm joking when I say I'm still gonna the last game of the season even though it's the day after we get married!

Congratulations, our lass thinks I'm joking when I say I'm still gonna the last game of the seasonD even though it's the day after we get married!

Honeymoon at Hillsborough- now you know how to treat em. Nothing finer!

Guest justcraig

Honeymoon at Hillsborough- now you know how to treat em. Nothing finer!

No flippingchance! Match day is lads time! I've even convinced her that we'll get the honeymoon at the last minute, this allows for the playoffs ;-)lol

Guest cypress hill

I'm as fat as a fat kid in a cake shop...

i'm as fat as a fat kid in a cake shop after an hour in beres pork shop

No flippingchance! Match day is lads time! I've even convinced her that we'll get the honeymoon at the last minute, this allows for the playoffs ;-)lol

Good point and well thought out.

Congratulations, our lass thinks I'm joking when I say I'm still gonna the last game of the season even though it's the day after we get married!

cheers mate :) i got married on a saturday, so i had to miss a match. Cow lol our lass goes to footy wi me on occasion anyway so she wouldnt mind haha i converted her to a wednesday fan. She still wouldnt let me call the lad Chris, David or John, cos she knew why i wantdd them names lol

Guest justcraig

The 1st rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 2nd rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 3rd rule of being a wednesdayite-NEVER ARRANGE ANYTHING FOR MAY OR AUGUST!!!!!

Hmmmm pretty sure were not playing on my wedding day, hence im going to the last game!

Hmmmm pretty sure were not playing on my wedding day, hence im going to the last game!

But it'll still interfere with your wedding, why bother setting it up in the 1st place?

Trying to hard to show off your commitment in itself is a show of weakness

A wednesdayite has just moved into my street, I couldn't believe it I honestly thought it was another Brighton fan (loads have cropped up round here since they got their new stadium) until I saw the Childrens hospital logo(older shirt) I didn't manage to chat with him yet but I'm going to go a knock for him on monday like a kid asking if his mate can come out to play!!! Chuffed that theres a chance of a travel/pub drinking buddie in my road.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Without wanting to bore anybody, I'm slightly worried about this season. Looking at the opening fixtures, Derby away certainly won't be an easy game and then we have Birmingham at home on a Tuesday night. Maybe I'm being a little pedantic but I feel that for us to push on and do well this season, a good start is crucial. A first home win against Clark would be absolutely perfect, but I'm struggling to see anything but a loss for us.

That could end up setting the tone for the next few months and from there we're on a long, slippery slope to relegation.

I have missed Hillsborough a lot though. I couldn't make it to the West Brom game due to commitments and so I haven't seen the Old Lady for nigh on three months. Far too long in my eyes. Fingers crossed we turn out in our droves for the Brum game. Tuesday night atmospheres CAN be special at Hillsborough and hopefully we can replicate something like the Wycombe game.

The 1st rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 2nd rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 3rd rule of being a wednesdayite-NEVER ARRANGE ANYTHING FOR MAY OR AUGUST!!!!!

Exactly. Weddings should only ever be arranged for the 2nd half of July. That way the big day, your honeymoon, and your anniversaries will NEVER clash with a (competitive) Wednesday game, or a World Cup or European Championship match. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Guest Harry the Owl

Without wanting to bore anybody, I'm slightly worried about this season. Looking at the opening fixtures, Derby away certainly won't be an easy game and then we have Birmingham at home on a Tuesday night. Maybe I'm being a little pedantic but I feel that for us to push on and do well this season, a good start is crucial. A first home win against Clark would be absolutely perfect, but I'm struggling to see anything but a loss for us.

That could end up setting the tone for the next few months and from there we're on a long, slippery slope to relegation.

I have missed Hillsborough a lot though. I couldn't make it to the West Brom game due to commitments and so I haven't seen the Old Lady for nigh on three months. Far too long in my eyes. Fingers crossed we turn out in our droves for the Brum game. Tuesday night atmospheres CAN be special at Hillsborough and hopefully we can replicate something like the Wycombe game.

You bored me