Is it wrong?

Guest justcraig

Guest justcraig

But it'll still interfere with your wedding, why bother setting it up in the 1st place?

Trying to hard to show off your commitment in itself is a show of weakness

3 things here. Firstly why will it interfere with my Friday wedding? It's in Sheffield.

Secondly, why am I 'trying to show off my commitment'? I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years also attending 70% of away games.

Third and finally, are you one of those sad loners whose entire life revolves around football, completely friendless barring the odd person who falls foul of you at the bar on a Sunday afternoon in the local crap hole you drink in?

Get a life pal instead of knocking those of us that have a nicely rounded life where Wednesday mean the world to us but aren't sad enough to let it rule our lives!

3 things here. Firstly why will it interfere with my Friday wedding? It's in Sheffield.

Secondly, why am I 'trying to show off my commitment'? I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years also attending 70% of away games.

Third and finally, are you one of those sad loners whose entire life revolves around football, completely friendless barring the odd person who falls foul of you at the bar on a Sunday afternoon in the local crap hole you drink in?

Get a life pal instead of knocking those of us that have a nicely rounded life where Wednesday mean the world to us but aren't sad enough to let it rule our lives!

3 things here

Firstly your going to wee wee your new wife off within 24 hours of getting married I'd pretty much say that it's ruling your life

Secondly I was only winding you up

And thirdly I'd like to point out that I only had two points.

I missed the start of the 81-82 season cos I was working in France over summer. Ended up deciding to stop on and do some grape picking miles from anywhere. we were playing Wrexham mid-week and i set off walking 5 km to nearest phone box to ring home for the result which was if memory serves, 5-0 to Wrexham. I walked back in a foul mood and wrote a letter to Jack Charlton explaning what I'd just gone through and how disappointed I was. I added that I'd be back for October and that I expected better things in the match against QPR. Got home and Jack had sent two free tickets for the QPR game. Now there's a Wednesday legend for you!

I missed the start of the 81-82 season cos I was working in France over summer. Ended up deciding to stop on and do some grape picking miles from anywhere. we were playing Wrexham mid-week and i set off walking 5 km to nearest phone box to ring home for the result which was if memory serves, 5-0 to Wrexham. I walked back in a foul mood and wrote a letter to Jack Charlton explaning what I'd just gone through and how disappointed I was. I added that I'd be back for October and that I expected better things in the match against QPR. Got home and Jack had sent two free tickets for the QPR game. Now there's a Wednesday legend for you!

Both of you

Spontaneous Wednesday commitment in difficult circumstances counts for everything

Working all over Europe I've had some crazy missions to get back for games

Both of you

Spontaneous Wednesday commitment in difficult circumstances counts for everything

Working all over Europe I've had some crazy missions to get back for games

Great times tho'...even following that horrendous 74-75 team. Wish I still had the enrgy to make those kinds of trips. Wish I still had the cash! :wacko:

Guest justcraig

3 things here

Firstly your going to wee wee your new wife off within 24 hours of getting married I'd pretty much say that it's ruling your life

Secondly I was only winding you up

And thirdly I'd like to point out that I only had two points.

Nah she's not pissed off, she just thought I was joking! At least she knows what she's marrying! Start as you mean to go on!

Great times tho'...even following that horrendous 74-75 team. Wish I still had the enrgy to make those kinds of trips. Wish I still had the cash! :wacko:

i wasn't here back then but i went through secondary school 91-96 which is when me dad let me go on me own and thought it would always be that way!!

Bit of a shock after cus we were never the same even in last few years before dropping out of Prem

Over land and sea.........through thick and thin.

Guest Paulos_Medication

A wednesdayite has just moved into my street, I couldn't believe it I honestly thought it was another Brighton fan (loads have cropped up round here since they got their new stadium) until I saw the Childrens hospital logo(older shirt) I didn't manage to chat with him yet but I'm going to go a knock for him on monday like a kid asking if his mate can come out to play!!! Chuffed that theres a chance of a travel/pub drinking buddie in my road.

Bit gay mate. :madine:

Now re-read the post with the image that Bexhill's a 6ft blonde with legs up to her armpits.

If Carlsberg made house moves. ( I'm sure the new guys wife will understand)

Exactly. Weddings should only ever be arranged for the 2nd half of July. That way the big day, your honeymoon, and your anniversaries will NEVER clash with a (competitive) Wednesday game, or a World Cup or European Championship match. It's not rocket science.

Cannot agree more just celebrated my 18th wedding anniversary (July 23rd) lol

Guest keyser soze

The 1st rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 2nd rule of being a wednesdayite-Never arrange anything for May or August.

The 3rd rule of being a wednesdayite-NEVER ARRANGE ANYTHING FOR MAY OR AUGUST!!!!!

I've errored badly. Get married the day we play Brighton at home. Hoping Sky decide to cover it on the Friday night so I can go and take my mates that are coming from out of town.

Reyt looking forward to the big kick off tomorrow, Wycombe game feels like forever ago.