Sam baldock

He got 5 goals in 23 games last season but I realise an awful lot of those were from the bench. Not sure this proves his Championship credentials or not but he's the 'type of player we need at the club, just hope his goals could back it up.

Malek I'll go with you on the squad improvement, but we've yet to improve the team

In terms of the first team I have to disagree I'm afraid. I'll agree that I don't think we have replaced Batth yet but in other positions we have improved.

Kirkland is better than any other keeper in the division

Gardner is better than Rob Jones, Beevers and Llera

McGuire looks better than Lowe, but we'll need to see how he compares to Ranger.

Peknic looks cultured, hard working, two footed and able to play in a number of positions and I think will be better than Treacy and a much more rounded player than JJ.

Lee adds competition in a position we needed cover and competition for places and may be better than Buxton so could improve the team.

Mattock is better than all of Bennet, D.Jones and Reynolds put together by the looks of him and is a different option to Reda and I think will prove to be an improvement to the team for Jones' style of play.

It also looks like we have signed Antonio which would be a cracking signing, though obviously not an improvement on himself.

McCabe sounds like he could be a cracking signing, the slating Lines gets on here you'd have to assume he has to be an improvement to the team. Personally I really rate Lines but I know some don't see it so again time will tell.

Squad wise we are light years ahead in terms of both depth and future prospects which I think we all agree on and we still have all three loan slots available and have spent next to nothing. Best pre-season I can remember in twenty years of watching Wednesday.