Hello, I need help

Both loan players, Barrett was from Sunderland I think. Can't remember where the keeper was from, Blackburn?

Paul Gallacher was a loanee from Norwich City.

Played 8 times but was sent off against (IIRC?) Bristol City on the last day of the season in a 2-1 or 3-2 defeat. That turned out to be the last game of his loan spell i think. He was around the squad for the play-offs but Dave Lucas kept him out of the team and he didn't play again after the suspension.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

You should probably get hold of Jason Dickinson's recent encylopedia there's also a Sheffield Wednesday head to head book listing each game played against as many other clubs as you'd care to mention.

As for memories - mine start in 1983. Had a good chat with my dad at the weekend - our memory of Mel's penalty in the game against Palace that took us up in 84/84 was that Sterland took a run up from somewhere just the other side of the half-way line before walloping it home. Memories can play tricks though...

It was a Thursday night, not sure why?

It was also played after all the other fixtures had been played I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This would not happen in the modern game.

You should probably get hold of Jason Dickinson's recent encylopedia there's also a Sheffield Wednesday head to head book listing each game played against as many other clubs as you'd care to mention.

As for memories - mine start in 1983. Had a good chat with my dad at the weekend - our memory of Mel's penalty in the game against Palace that took us up in 84/84 was that Sterland took a run up from somewhere just the other side of the half-way line before walloping it home. Memories can play tricks though...

I'll look out for the encyclopedia, thanks.

Sterland took long run ups to smash em, but I think you're imagination has got the better of you with the Palace run up!! :-)

That will be the game. I remember it being at the end of the season. Thanks very much.

Right except for one thing, Turner wasn't in charge then. Only 5 weeks later Sturrock took us up through the play-offs

AD just don't start playing him any Smiths...you can cope with being a wednesdayite but the Smiths...child abuse

Ha Ha, no he hasn't got the music bug.

Don't know if this is of any use - from the Southend programme 1975/6 - I've got most programmes from 1974/5 to 1980/81 so give us a shout if you want owt!

19756.jpg

Brilliant, thanks for that x