Owls v Carlisle 1980

Guest Tractorowl

You had a mate?

Cracking thread though, and is it just me or does the Lepp triangle look way bigger and classier unseated?

Used to stand there in the early days, '79-81 before moving on to the South 82-83, then Kop 84-2006 and now the North 2007-present.

I've just realised, i'm going round in bleedin' circles :st2:

Of course I did, and do. You have mates, and people you just know , and Steve Holmes was a good mate.

Of course I did, and do. You have mates, and people you just know , and Steve Holmes was a good mate.

Only messing with you Jack, i consider myself a mate of yours also so you have two.

This photo has aleady been posted on the 'after Wycombe photo thread' but thought it was worth posting again.

Taken from the same seat, R 34 Seat 92 in the North, 32 years apart. 1980 and 2102.

Time flies. This season was the start of our asendancy over Utd that lasted 20 years, I believe they went down the following year, never reocovering from us going up.

Hope history repeats itself.

Tim

So you've got some kind of time machine, and you're telling us we get promoted again in 2102. :biggrin:

Seriously though, looking at the two photo's took my breath away.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Where's he at now? Does he still go? Ask him if he remembers Harthill youth club in the 60's. He was one of the best, your dad.

When I spoke to him yesterday he did mention Harthill so I'm sure he remembers the youth club, he picks and chooses his matches these days but is still all Wednesday. I'm still amazed that I come across a picture that I hadn't seen for 20 years, then I see this thread and decide to post it up here and someone recognises my dad... What are the chances?

This photo has aleady been posted on the 'after Wycombe photo thread' but thought it was worth posting again.

Taken from the same seat, R 34 Seat 92 in the North, 32 years apart. 1980 and 2102.

Time flies. This season was the start of our asendancy over Utd that lasted 20 years, I believe they went down the following year, never reocovering from us going up.

Hope history repeats itself.

Tim

Those pics are just ace and nostalgic.