Owls around Scarborough

Guest phshaw

I like the design on the T-shirt and jacket jordyowl. Did you design these? It is something to think about and is another item to put on the agenda of the next meeting. Such merchandise would be a good way of establishing the identity of YCO but I have no idea at this stage what the demand would be.

Guest phshaw

The more the merrier guys. If I remember correctly woldsowl lives in Langtoft which is not far and Johnbloodaxe in Whitby. I live in Filey so it's good that YCO is living up to it's name and reaching out to others outside Scarborough! I spoke to Daz (D.K.) the other day and funnily enough he knows Johnbloodaxe and suggested it would be a good idea for YCO to make contact. Hope you can both make the meeting; I'll be there as long as I can still walk after the Brentford to Bluebell Wood bike ride!!

Guest phshaw

Is there a Facebook group?

Not sure as I don't really use Facebook even though I have an account. I know Danny Halpin (co-founder along with Pauline Hirst who runs the West Riding Pub) and a few others use Facebook on a regular basis though. It's definitely something to consider.

Guest phshaw

I'll see if I can get down on the 2nd although it is abit of a trek! If any of the other loftus/Whitby area are planning on going give me a shout!

It might be a good idea to pm Johnbloodaxe, northeastowl. He lives in Whitby and if he can't help, he might know someone who can.

Guest phshaw

"As I was born in Bridlington can I become a honorary member?" Question from Utah owl

Actually Utah owl (from memory is it Leon, as I think you spoke to Darryl, a good friend of mine recently) although you probably meant this as a

joke, you actually raise an interesting point. YCO would like to be affiliated to Wednesdayite and pay a "corporate membership" fee. At the moment Wednesdayite, to my knowledge, do not operate such a facility, only individual membership. We will discuss this at the next

meeting on May 2nd. The Wednesdayite membership involves only a small nominal fee (£5) and shouldn't be a problem for anyone but I don't envisage any compulsory fee being necessary to attend meetings of YCO or to be associated with YCO in any shape or form. We want to be truly inclusive and allow fans in the area to be free to attend meetings regardless of having paid a fee, regardless of not having attended a meeting previously or being an infrequent attendee. Thoughts?

Edited by phshaw

Guest dannyboyowl28

I think that is a great idea, the purpose of the meetings are to meet fellow owls and paying £5 for the year to the wednesdayites, I don't mind paying that and what we talked about at the first meeting doing fund raising for a local charity and some for the YCO. If anybody is on facebook, find us @ yorkshire coast owls supporters club.

Guest kez26266

Hello, I saw this on Facebook and joined Keiran Owen I live in Filey. Hopefully this group can arrange travel for the Hillsborough leg of the play offs (Hopefully we don't need to this this ect...) Theres a few owls in Filey and Hunmanby who I will inform about this new supporters club when I see them next. Good work lads. UTO FTP

Guest phshaw

The jacket and t-shirt are a set puma design that I found on a website (saved the link somewhere)

I once designed the fans group t-shirts for Bridlington town and from that I'd say if someone wants to be a member theyll want a t-shirt

Jordyowl, feel free to play around with the design if you have any spare time and I'll take it to the next meeting. I'm not sure whether it would be economically worthwhile though for you as I can't imagine mass orders. However it could be an interesting little project, even if the financial rewards are likely to be negligible.

Guest dannyboyowl28

Good afternoon all, Just to let you know that the Yorkshire coast owls meeting has being moved from the wednesday the 2nd of May to Thursday the 3rd May due to a important unable to make it, so if this has caused problems. Hope all can make it! UTO!!!!

Guest phshaw

Yeah, sorry about the late change in date guys. So we will meet at the West Riding Pub, 7:30 p.m. in Scarborough on May 3rd. UTO

Guest phshaw

Yeah, sorry about the late change in date guys. So we will meet at the West Riding Pub, 7:30 p.m. in Scarborough on May 3rd. UTO

Anyone thinking of attending, should pass on this info. to fellow Wednesday fans in the area.

is hull too far south too be involed if something were set up it would b great if we could get a pick up some owls in hull

It would be inappropriate for me to make a unilateral response with respect to such a request. However I will consult with other YCO at the next meeting on May 2nd. and ensure you are informed of the decision.

Another Owl in Hull who would be interested in this if it will be possible for you to pick us up...

Guest phshaw

Another Owl in Hull who would be interested in this if it will be possible for you to pick us up...

The meeting will now be on the 3rd May but this will definitely be on the agenda.