Owls around Scarborough

Yeah shoot my a PM at some point, bit to do Monday but will try and get along. How old are you btw? I'm wondering if I know you, its a pretty small place!

will pm you when i know where we`ll be,sometime before mon.hopefully.i`m late 40`s.

Guest dannyboyowl28

Hi all, Well i'm the one that is starting the scarborough owls up, first meeting is tonight and hopefully we can get all owls in scarborough and the surrounding area to join us. It would be great if we could get a bus going and stop off in brid and maybe going to malton? If we could get the lads from whitby to come down as well would be great! anybody want to contact me if you e-mail us on scarboroughowls@hotmail.co.uk

Guest phshaw

I attended the inauguration of the Scarborough Supporters' Club last night. Some people couldn't attend due to other engagements, one got the date wrong but there was still 9 people in attendance. The following points were decided:

1. We are not going to call the club Scarborough Owls. Scarborough is situated centrally along the historic Yorkshire Coast stretching from Redcar to Withernsea. We want the club to be inclusive and it will be called "Yorkshire Coast Owls". Whilst most of the meetings will be held in 'central' Scarborough, it is our intention to hold at least one meeting a year in Whitby and Bridlington.

2. We are not going to get bogged down with mission statements, aims and objectives etc. but would like to be affiliated with the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters' Society (Wednesdayite) and agree a 'Corporate association membership' if possible.

3. One of the main functions of YCO is to meet up with other Wednesdayites, discuss Wednesday, meet local needs and have fun by developing a sense of togetherness rather than experiencing a feeling of supporting your club in isolation.

4. We are going to get a flag made up representing "Yorkshire Coast Owls". This is going to be sorted asap.

5. Everyone is going to sort out their individual matchday tickets for the Wycombe match on May 5th.

6. Depending on demand for Wycombe, YCO are going to look into hiring a mini-bus for the Wycombe match. This will be confirmed at the next meeting.

7. The next meeting will be held at 7.30pm at the West Riding Pub in Scarborough on Wednesday, May 2nd. I complete the Brentford to Bluebell Wood bike ride the previous day in aid of Bluebell Wood and all present sponsored me for the challenge.

8. At the next meeting on May 2nd we will be discussing doing a sponsored walk along the old railway line from Scarborough to Whitby, probably at the end of August or early September time. The aim is to do this for a local charity and it was agreed to invite a representative from the agreed charity to the next meeting. We also felt such a walk could be used to symbolise unity for the YCO and arrange to meet up with Whitby Owls along the route or in Whitby itself.

9. YCO is inclusive by name and nature and the only criteria to come along is that you support SWFC. So if you live along the Yorkshire Coast or within the region, YCO could be for you!

Peter Shaw

Guest phshaw

is hull too far south too be involed if something were set up it would b great if we could get a pick up some owls in hull

It would be inappropriate for me to make a unilateral response with respect to such a request. However I will consult with other YCO at the next meeting on May 2nd. and ensure you are informed of the decision.