Free SWFC 'Glory Years' Wall Picture in Support of The Huntington's Disease Association

post-7145-0-94487300-1331031854_thumb.jp

Fellow Owls,

Those of you that are aware of me on these forums will remember that over the last two years I have given away gifts in exchange for donations of any amount to assist in my fundraising activities for charity.

In 2010 I gave away a matchworn 'Benito Carbone' shirt which if my memory serves me correctly was won by Innes off Owlstalk. On this occasion I was running the London Marathon in support of the Sheffield Children's Hospital after my daughter was born with a hole in her heart and received brilliant treatment and care within the organisation. Between us we raised £1,500.

In 2011 I gave away a home shirt signed by the entire first team squad, although I can't remember who won it, it was again a member of Owlstalk. Last year I was supporting my wife in running the London Marathon in support Sheffield St. Luke's Hospice as a family friend was treated there before losing their battle with cancer. Between us we raised £1,200.

This year guy's its my turn again and I am running the Brighton Marathon on Sunday 15th April 2012 in support of the Huntington's Disease Association kitted out in my SWFC gear. The family of a close friend of ours is affected by this disease which is a disorder that is passed down through families, which causes the brain to waste away and degenerate. If one of your parents has Huntington's disease, you then have a 50% chance of getting the gene which obviously cause much stress and anxiety throughout a persons life. At this time there is no known cure for the disease.

http://www.justgivin...CharlieandScott

Once again I propose the following for a bit of fun if admin don't mind:-

This will be the 5th Marathon that I have run and I aim to complete it between 3hrs10mins and 3hrs55mins. For anyone that makes a donation of any amount (it does not matter how large or small - it all counts) please place your guess in the table below predicting what time I will complete the course in. You will see above a wall picture of SWFC's glory years including the clubs roll of honour. This has been collecting dust in the loft (my wife's a blade I'm sure you will remember) and so it deserves a place on someone's wall. I'm not sure how much it is worth but it really is a lovely piece and stands at around 60cm high.

At the end of the marathon, whichever member picks the closest time will win the picture and it will be sent out to them asap.

Any help you can give would be gratefully appreciated no matter how great or small....

Cheers dude's...

Scotty_Owl

Edited by scotty_owl

In 2011 I gave away a home shirt signed by the entire first team squad, although I can't remember who won it, it was again a member of Owlstalk. Last year I was supporting my wife in running the London Marathon in support Sheffield St. Luke's Hospice as a family friend was treated there before losing their battle with cancer. Between us we raised £1,200.

It was me :biggrin:

Guys, although I was overwhelmed by the many donations received and guesses (0) unfortunately my efforts have come to an unfortunate end. I suffered a bad leg break last Wednesday and was only released from hospital today. The long road to recovery and running again has commenced and I'm sure at some point in the future I will do this once more, but for now this is over!!

Guys, although I was overwhelmed by the many donations received and guesses (0) unfortunately my efforts have come to an unfortunate end. I suffered a bad leg break last Wednesday and was only released from hospital today. The long road to recovery and running again has commenced and I'm sure at some point in the future I will do this once more, but for now this is over!!

Sorry to hear that.

Heal well and good luck.