Antonio and Jones

Guest wilyfox

i'm hoping Megson will do just that against Rochdale. both wingers seem prepared to put a shift in; so i wouldn't say they'd make us vulnerable. at the end of the day, if we want to achieve promotion the goals have gotta come from somewhere. keep loading the midfield with defensive-minded players and 'solid performers' and we wont create much for the forwards.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Burybum
Prutton was good at putting a foot in and probably suited the derby as an experienced player, but I agree he was poor as a winger and lacked any real pace. I think we need to see what Mike Jones is all about otherwise what was the point in buying him?

Hiya chaps . I Bury fan here :-) in peace lol .. I think mike jones just needs game time along with lowey , they both played well together for us ,albeit most the time in league 2 , but the start of this season they both linked well together before lowe left . Mike jones plays much on confidence so he needs a good run . Well done on the win today listened on the radio sounded like a cracking atmosphere .

Guest cabangaowl

couldnt agree more, jones clearly has something and it could well be what we need to create a threat from both wings. By playing an attacking winger, in antonio for example, and a defensive wide man in prutton, we become predictable and easy to stop

Prutton did a vital job today- the O'Connor role if you will.

He spent a lot of time in the LB spot covering Reda and made us immensely solid. He was the most vocal player in the pitch and constantly in discussion with Megson as well. He was tidy albeit unremarkable on the ball (which is MUCH better than JoC ever was!)

In big games, Prutton HAS to play, with a proper out and out winger on the other flank.