Last ten mins

Can someone explain why not just today but in most games in the last ten minutes we just sit back and invite the pressure on? this has probably been discussed before but it's quite annoying.

Luckily today it was just a poo team who couldn't do anything about it :-) but with every Owl in the ground including Megson saying PUSH OUT, the players just seem to be unable to venture further than the edge of the 18 yard box and put everyone on edge.

Fabulous win and great effort from all the players and fans alike but they never make it easy to watch

Guest totemowl

I thought they were doing exact what Megson wanted - when their defence had the ball. But when we had the ball we pushed up quickly.

Agree with your other comment. After 80 mins I was confident cos the blunts looked clueless. Not my usual state of mind in the last 10 minutes.

Can someone explain why not just today but in most games in the last ten minutes we just sit back and invite the pressure on? this has probably been discussed before but it's quite annoying.

Luckily today it was just a poo team who couldn't do anything about it :-) but with every Owl in the ground including Megson saying PUSH OUT, the players just seem to be unable to venture further than the edge of the 18 yard box and put everyone on edge.

Fabulous win and great effort from all the players and fans alike but they never make it easy to watch

Mate i'll be honest...the last ten minutes i simply sat with me Wednesday hat over me eyes...I was pathetic...When you get to a certain age, you can tell by the sound of the crowd as to whats happening...I knew United had a corner...I knew when we cleared it and when we had the ball....I stood up as the ball went into the far corner on the Lepp...and I heard the roar...I thought there were another coupke of minutes left...then I saw Jones huggin' Batth...then I saw the South go up..then the North went up...what was left on the Lepp fvcked off...then i think i simply chewed the seat in front of me....

It happens all the time because it's the way football works, the losing team have to push men on to try and get something, it's not sitting back as such it's about keeping your shape and for the most part we did it well

I get where you are coming from but we just stand on the edge of the box inviting them to come back at us again and again, we boot it out back to them and there is a 20 yard gap for them to run into with us just saying come on then when if we just used our heads a little more and strung a few passes together we could play our way out of it and run it down into the corner, like Madine did at the end, there is no need for them to be so nervy, the best form of defence is attack after all.

I get where you are coming from but we just stand on the edge of the box inviting them to come back at us again and again, we boot it out back to them and there is a 20 yard gap for them to run into with us just saying come on then when if we just used our heads a little more and strung a few passes together we could play our way out of it and run it down into the corner, like Madine did at the end, there is no need for them to be so nervy, the best form of defence is attack after all.

And when we say it yes it's the best idea, but one mistake when you're playing your way out and you're in trouble, don't get me wrong I hate it when we're under the cosh like that with minutes left but realistically we have no choice and there are 91 other teams that do the same!

I actually left Hillsborough today feeling the opposite to what we usually expect when were winning with 10mins to go, i felt we DID push out as often as was possible, and i felt we did what we were supposed to do when in a winning position, i dont think we sat back and invited pressure nowhere near as much as we have done. Credit to the lads.

I actually left Hillsborough today feeling the opposite to what we usually expect when were winning with 10mins to go, i felt we DID push out as often as was possible, and i felt we did what we were supposed to do when in a winning position, i dont think we sat back and invited pressure nowhere near as much as we have done. Credit to the lads.

Yes I agree but to some extent but it was only because they were poor that we weren't put through the mill as much as we would have been against some teams, can't take anything away from the players today as they all gave it 100% and got a fabulous victory, I just think that if it wasn't for that mentally it may be us a few points clear in 2nd