Stephen Bywater

For me, we need to see how he plays in a game where we're under a lot of pressure. Since he's been here, we've not really been under a sustained spell of pressure (testament to the improved defence and his communication).

Obviously I hope we never find that out, but when we come up against preston, hudds i think we'll see how he really copes

Good point, I would like to see him tested a bit more, maybe in the upcoming game against Preston he will be.

I do think he's a more solid option than ROD at the least, ROD's done well but you weren't sure when a rickett might occur whereas you wouldn't expect that with Bywater.

Good point, I would like to see him tested a bit more, maybe in the upcoming game against Preston he will be.

I do think he's a more solid option than ROD at the least, ROD's done well but you weren't sure when a rickett might occur whereas you wouldn't expect that with Bywater.

Upcoming game against Preston?

Guest britmod_owl

he aint had too much to do but when you see the poo keepers playing against us in the last few games, he is miles better than what most other teams have.

I like him. We haven't seen him do a great deal yet, but as others have said, his organisation and command of the defenders has a big part to play in that. We have looked much more solid across the back line. He's not really fumbled anything or been beaten from range.

The two goals we conceeded yesterday, I honestly don't think many keepers could have done much more. The first was hit with force from close range, and Evans' header was perfect, hard and in the bottom corner. If Bywater was closer to his near post and the header had gone straight down the middle of the net, then that would've been poor positioning, but he wasn't, he was positioned where he should be imo. The blame lies elsewhere for that goal, Ched should never have been able to get a header on target without even beeing pressured, the defending was wee wee poor, but I don't want to spark a debate or be called a J*C basher :smile:

Still not decided whether he should be given a contract. I like Weaver and think a lot of ROD, all 3 of them have different strengths and weaknesses. It's a shame we can't combine the 3.

Guest totemowl

Based on the little i've seen he is a very good replacement for Weaver. We seem more solid and organised at the back now. Definitely much more solid than with ROD or Grant.

If we can i think we should keep him, in part because I dont expect Weaver to get over his injury problems.

Absolutely amazing for interviews. Think he organises and commands defence well and is a decent keeper. However i think overall NW is a better keeper, and ROD is definately one for the future. But i really dont want us to give up Bywater, he seems like a really good positive character to have.