Mark Reynolds

I just read the topic on the seemingly "remarkable" improvement seen in Clinton since last season. How do people think Reynolds is fairing this season?

I personally have got to the stage whereby given an injury to Bennett i would happily see Reynolds at left back. He is much improved on last season and i honestly believe he has the determination to succeed at Wednesday....

Having said all this, i always tend to back the underdog.

I would certainly agree that he has improved from last season - especially in the Rochdale away match.

Although I still seriously question his strength. He seems to get bullied off the ball FAR too easily n the players are usually wingers who, lets face it, aren't going to be THAT strong (as pace/dribbling/crossing should be their main attribute).

I'll be very nervous here on out if he's changeling for a header or jockeying the ball out of play ....

Very poor first half. I thought his positioning was awful last night. All Blackburn's attacks came down his side. Having Uchechi as support didnt help.

However, did improve in the 2nd half though.

His lack of pace and strength is worrying.

Steady sqaud player.

Edited by Shifty Powers

Guest highamowl

the problem I have with him being a 'centre back' is that he lost everything in the air last night. Blackburn pinned most of their long balls down their right, and won every one. I think after the first 10 mins, he had a sready game. Definately an improvement on last season though. He was willing to get forwards, and most of the time held his own at the back/

Dont mind him as left back cover in the squad but would not want to see him at centre back based on what i have seen

thought he played well last night. First 2 goals were caused by sedgwick and semi on the right side, noting to do with reynolds. He just needs a confidence boost. He looked okay dribbling the ball out a couple of times.

You don't go from being one of the most coveted SPL defenders to being poo poo just because you arrive at hillsborough. There is a good player in there somewhere, he just needs right coaching to help him out.

His best game for us was when he played centre back at home last season. He should play there.

If he gets a chance at left back or centre half in the first team, he will thrive on it.

I just see something of quality in him.

Think it would be a mistake to ship the lad out to be honest, he owes us some good performances - he knows that and will be wanting to rebuild his previously great reputation.

Remember most on here thought Buxton was garbage but a change in defensive personnel and people are talking about him like he's Philip Lahm.

Edited by Bannofan

the problem I have with him being a 'centre back' is that he lost everything in the air last night. Blackburn pinned most of their long balls down their right, and won every one. I think after the first 10 mins, he had a sready game. Definately an improvement on last season though. He was willing to get forwards, and most of the time held his own at the back/

Dont mind him as left back cover in the squad but would not want to see him at centre back based on what i have seen

He's had 1 chance at centre back, last season, and he did well.

Just because he isn't very good in the air doesn't mean he can't be a centre back. You can easily have the ball winner i.e. Baath/Jones/Reda to win those headers, and have him sweeping up behind.

Saying that though, I wouldn't start him there ahead of Jones/Baath/Reda atm.