1st game tommorow

Hi, just a quick un,

im an owls fan of 26 years dedication and tommorow im taking an old school mate for his 1st hillsboro visit along with his 6 yr old son, who is that excited he cant sleep...............

just hope the boys get a win for his 1st game

Hi, just a quick un,

im an owls fan of 26 years dedication and tommorow im taking an old school mate for his 1st hillsboro visit along with his 6 yr old son, who is that excited he cant sleep...............

He'll be able to get his head down tomorrow.

To a 6 year old the performance and final score mean nothing.

Its all about the atmosphere and experiencing a large crowd for the first time.

Its the Wednesday crowd that got me hooked as a young un.

He'll love it tomorrow matey.

Thanks H.Owl, just looked on website and where we are on kop has practically sold out, so Im glad of that, hope its nice and warm and the crowd are vocal etc.....

I'm sure the Ultras will make the extra effort to get the atmosphere going if they see this! :biggrin:

I will never forget my first time on the Kop with my mates from school. It was immense

And the look on my son, and daughters face, the first time they sat on the Kop was one of fear and enjoyment at the same time.

Once you have seen Hillsborough in full voice, there is no going back, it gets etched in your head FOREVER

Oh and they will love it lol

Hi, just a quick un,

Hope that you all have a good time.

Do the extra little things that'll make it special for him. Dodgy burger, bar of chocolate, a walk around the club shop - last and not least, don't take him to his seat until 1455. When you do, walk up the entrance that brings you out in the middle of the Kop - he'll be hooked forever.

Enjoy!

My moneys on him wanting some crisps after 8 minutes, a drink after 24 minutes a wee wee after 38 minutes and wanting to go home on 65 minutes because he's bored and wanting to get back on the PS2. This romantic notion of taking under 10's to the football is bobbar because they 'fvuking love it' is about as plausible as Bin Laden been in Asda in the morning.

My moneys on him wanting some crisps after 8 minutes, a drink after 24 minutes a wee wee after 38 minutes and wanting to go home on 65 minutes because he's bored and wanting to get back on the PS2. This romantic notion of taking under 10's to the football is bobbar because they 'fvuking love it' is about as plausible as Bin Laden been in Asda in the morning.

Someones a grumpy C**t! I loved it at my first game when I was 7! And i'm sure most on here did!

If you just take them with you, sit them down and expect them to understand what is happening then yes it will be boring for them and they won't enjoy it.

If you take really make the effort, get there early, buy them a burger and walk them around the stadium explaining a bit of its history, how old it is, how historically significant it is along with how important the club is.

Then talk them through the match, explaining what is happening all the time, get them a programme to help them learn the players.

Walk down to the front before the match and let them meet Ozzie etc.

I don't have any children, but when I do and they're old enough to go this is exactly what I will be doing.

Guest Saturday Owl

Hope the atmosphere is good tomorrow for you, nice sun and 3 points for the Owls will do nicely!

I take my 9 year old and have done since he was seven , he loves it. Now I've got a season ticket for my daughter and she's 4!!! She's Wednesday mad already and never been to a game although she's been to the shop and seen Sheffield Wednesdays house !!!!!! UTO looking forward to next season ....

Guest sotonowl

I take my 9 year old and have done since he was seven , he loves it. Now I've got a season ticket for my daughter and she's 4!!! She's Wednesday mad already and never been to a game although she's been to the shop and seen Sheffield Wednesdays house !!!!!! UTO looking forward to next season ....

What a brilliant dad you must be and setting a great example to other OWLS parents to follow,this is the future people,our children need guidance which will benefit them and the club.