Whats the story???

With all the post 'new ground, our grounds too big for us, combining Owls and blunts and blah, blah, blah??

FFS. We dont need a new ground, we have one of the best grounds in the country which fits our needs. What it needs is investment, but and when things are right on the pitch.

Weve all seen whats happened t'porkers with McCabe prefering to spend money on other things, ground, buying other shitty clubs, etc. When where it matters most is investing on the pitch. Once that is right we can start looking forward to upgrading/modernising parts of ground, better facilities, new screens, extending if needed. Learn to walk before you run and all that eh.

Hillsborough at the moment is about 40/45% full on average (17668) this season, which is not good to see or good for atmosphere and I can understand people are trying to make it better, but talking about making capacity smaller is abit short sited. I think the only way forward to making Hillsborough a good atmosphere again is by doing the above, getting it reyt on pitch and the crowds and atmosphere will come back. Its ok saying 'way we only get crowds over 30k 2/3 times a season' (when we were in championship) but why have a stadium what cant fit all supporters in and lose revenue? it just doesnt make sense. :mellow:

And those talking about moving fans from Grandstand, Kop, North or whatever. Why risk weeing off the loyal 17k+ hardcore fans weve still got coming by moving them about. It wouldnt affect me cause Ive sat in same seat for 18 years now which isnt near places talked about, but I wouldnt like to think Id be shifted if I were. Like alot have said before 'Build it and they will come'.

I also think if next season goes the way where all thinking and wanting it to and were around the top 5/6 places and playing some decent stuff (cant be much worse than when Irvine was here) aswell as signing a few quality players, then we can average 21k-22k with a few 25k saturday matches and 18k night matches. Then once that train starts rolling who knows? We all know the potential of this club, weve seen it in the past 10/15 years when we havent had a pot to wee wee in, so now weve got everything in place to make a go of it and be force again. Championship, Premiership? Do you think we wont fill Hillborough when where on a good run? :rolleyes::biggrin:

Combining Owls and pigs, flip off never. Wouldnt happen in a million years and if you want to even entertain that idea you want to go and have a look at yourself in the mirror........... :mad:

UTO WTID

Combining Owls and pigs, flip off never. Wouldnt happen in a million years and if you want to even entertain that idea you want to go and have a look at yourself in the mirror........... :mad:

UTO WTID

Combining Owl and pig?

Would never get off the ground. :happy::ph34r:

Combining Owl and pig?

Brilliant :laugh:

On the subject of the ground.... No point moving to a smaller stadium, or building another one.

Also, best thing to create a positive atmosphere - win games. Next season I don't think this will be too much of a promble.

With all the post 'new ground, our grounds too big for us, combining Owls and blunts and blah, blah, blah??

FFS. We dont need a new ground, we have one of the best grounds in the country which fits our needs. What it needs is investment, but and when things are right on the pitch.

Weve all seen whats happened t'porkers with McCabe prefering to spend money on other things, ground, buying other shitty clubs, etc. When where it matters most is investing on the pitch. Once that is right we can start looking forward to upgrading/modernising parts of ground, better facilities, new screens, extending if needed. Learn to walk before you run and all that eh.

Hillsborough at the moment is about 40/45% full on average (17668) this season, which is not good to see or good for atmosphere and I can understand people are trying to make it better, but talking about making capacity smaller is abit short sited. I think the only way forward to making Hillsborough a good atmosphere again is by doing the above, getting it reyt on pitch and the crowds and atmosphere will come back. Its ok saying 'way we only get crowds over 30k 2/3 times a season' (when we were in championship) but why have a stadium what cant fit all supporters in and lose revenue? it just doesnt make sense. :mellow:

And those talking about moving fans from Grandstand, Kop, North or whatever. Why risk weeing off the loyal 17k+ hardcore fans weve still got coming by moving them about. It wouldnt affect me cause Ive sat in same seat for 18 years now which isnt near places talked about, but I wouldnt like to think Id be shifted if I were. Like alot have said before 'Build it and they will come'.

I also think if next season goes the way where all thinking and wanting it to and were around the top 5/6 places and playing some decent stuff (cant be much worse than when Irvine was here) aswell as signing a few quality players, then we can average 21k-22k with a few 25k saturday matches and 18k night matches. Then once that train starts rolling who knows? We all know the potential of this club, weve seen it in the past 10/15 years when we havent had a pot to wee wee in, so now weve got everything in place to make a go of it and be force again. Championship, Premiership? Do you think we wont fill Hillborough when where on a good run? :rolleyes::biggrin:

UTO

Totally agree with the above.

Never mind ground alterations or extra facilities, we already have more than most.

Whatever cash is in the pot must build a team that succeeds for a change and when we get that stage, then bang on about all the add-ons.

It won't happen overnight but it's coming..... Onwards and Upwards :)

Guest Big Guns

UTO WTID

is there any way these reight long posts can be made into a audio or summat so i can listen ,i get bored after about 3 lines ,i wanna no wot it says anall ,but im not reading all that rumbleing lot.

Guest SPURTt

Combining Owl and pig?

Some would see it as combining a pig with a pig , now they would soon mate .