Sheffield Wednesday and pre-season

Some of my most enjoyable holidays have been following Wednesday abroad with mates for pre-season but I've missed the last couple due to the club announcing too late what they were doing and so I had already booked to go elsewhere.

Now it's happening again even though the club has stated that pre-season has been booked for months with the opposition sorted.

Well that's great for the club but why haven't they given fans the heads up so we could've booked flights cheaper a few months ago too?

Do they not realise that some of us need to book time off work too often ensuring our holiday weeks don't clash with other colleagues?

My friends who went last year said there was only around 100 people at the game in Austria with about 70 of those being Wednesday fans which is a lot less than the 300+ fans that travelled over to Sweden, the 700 who went to Ibiza or the hundreds that travelled to Holland several times in the last decade.

Come on Wednesday, sort yourselves out!

Guest Saturday Owl

Might only be having a training camp then games over here.

This is how I see it, hopefully a few pre-season games at Hillsborough this season too.

These would be the teams I'd organize games against-

Sheffield FC

Stocksbridge + Hallam

Rovrum- Home

Barnsley- Home

Sflaphorpe- Away

Grimsby- Away (Wouldn't mind a trip to the seaside)

Newcastle- Home (Better than flaming Wigan every season!)

Most of the games at home should bring in some revenue too.

This old chestnut comes up every year and every year the club does not seem to either understand or care.

Please announce whichever friendly matchs have already been booked as soon as they have been booked!

It really cannot be that difficult

Guest swfc boothy

This is how I see it, hopefully a few pre-season games at Hillsborough this season too.

These would be the teams I'd organize games against-

Sheffield FC

Stocksbridge + Hallam

Rovrum- Home

Barnsley- Home

Sflaphorpe- Away

Grimsby- Away (Wouldn't mind a trip to the seaside)Newcastle- Home (Better than flaming Wigan every season!)

Most of the games at home should bring in some revenue too.

Never go there again after last seasons pre season friendley

Austria is a cert, Worksop in mid July is a cert- I got that info from Worksop's manager last week ( Martin McIntosh).

I understand Megson has been in touch with Pulis at Stoke where he was first team coach fairly recently, and organised a friendly with them, last game before season starts.

Megson also stated he was trying to organise a friendly against one of our bigger rivals, to add abit of spice to pre-season.

Pigs ruled out, Chezzy, Rovrum, ( not exactly bigger )

Donny, Barnsley ( did them last year)

so only one I could think of is Leeds, it would be no doubt well attended!

Guest Sheff Owl

Me neither mate ... horrible scene's on the sea front after the match.

Showed our club up, embarrasing !

I was on the train when loads got on and a few of them covered in blood, the train left and loads jumped off at a couple of stops later. Just Crazy!!