Let's put this season to bed....

We got rid of the debt,

We got rid of the old regime,

We got Mandaric

We got Megson

We missed out on admin

We had a decent FA Cup run for the first time in YEARS

AND the Piggies got roasted all season, released details of massive debt, had four managers each doing worst than the one before, landing in a pig from L2 who is taking them down to his level while we got a manager who despite his faults has the ability to get teams promoted to the premier league who buys into the SWFC idea and what it means,

Now I know this season on the pitch has been a massive disaster ON the pitch but to have all the above and wave the piggies by as we got promoted was simply tooooooo much, I think all of our heads would have exploded, plus we would have had NOTHING to moan about lol

For me personally you can trace our decline back to that first defeat at Brentford, we were flying ahead at the top of the table beating Brighton and tearing Hartlepool a new arse hole, we couldn't lose!! then the HMRC problems started and we fell to pieces, i mean look at us, I forgot we had a match day section, we were all in the board room section and barely talking about the games,

Next season will be glorious, I cannot see us not making the top 2 and we will be on the up and up finally and I really think it's time we just forget about Irvine and the god awful matches we watched this season.

good point,

my point is that to wave the piggies by would have been the greatest thing ever but to be pissed off we didn't do it is almost greedy, just be happy for everything that has happened and look forward to next season

good point,

my point is that to wave the piggies by would have been the greatest thing ever but to be pissed off we didn't do it is almost greedy, just be happy for everything that has happened and look forward to next season

Just being picky.

Can't wait for this season to finish. The positives are very few for me, but the pigs being relegated has made the season more bearable. Quite sad really.

Just being picky.

Can't wait for this season to finish. The positives are very few for me, but the pigs being relegated has made the season more bearable. Quite sad really.

isn't all the other stuff enough for one season though?

for instance if we hadn't of been taken over and we went up we would only end up back here in a season or two, this way we look likely to go up and stay up and maybe go a bit further rather than being a yo yo club from the second to third tier.

Edited by Up the Owls

isn't all the other stuff enough for one season though?

for instance if we hadn't of been taken over and we went up we would only end up back here in a season or two, this way we look likely to go up and stay up and maybe go a bit further rather than being a yo yo club from the second to third tier.

Again, being picky, "We got rid of the debt, We got rid of the old regime, We got Mandaric, We missed out on admin" are pretty much the same thing.

Mandaric taking over, sacking Irvine, pigs being relegated are the only highlights for me from this season, in that order. Nothing on our football side of things apart from perhaps Mellor and Weaver is reason to celebrate.

Let's not rewrite history - the HMRC problems began in June before a ball had been kicked.

I remember arguing with someone a few months ago (probably that idiot adamwest'sleftbraincell) about that and looked it up. Funnily enough, our court appearances coincided with our best runs of results rather than the opposite and when we had our reprieves and the pressure was off for a while, our form suffered.

awful season on the pitch - much like last time in L1.

But crazy as it actually seems we could end up as no. 10 if result go our way come saturday.

If results go against us we could also end up as low as 17th! I don't think too many people would have expected us to finish below all three of the teams who got automatic promotion from League Two last season :angry:

Glad to see the end of this shocking season, but it's a fresh start next season with a genuine renewed sense of optimism after finally sorting out the off field problems which have plagued us for over a decade. It can (should!) only be onwards and upwards from here