We WILL stay up.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

To many of us, we sit here helpless. The future of Sheffield Wednesday football club is in the balance, Seemingly saved in December, Milan Mandaric bought us for a pound. He himself admitted it was an absolute bargain. In his first press conference he uttered the desire to reach the Premier League relatively soon. How realistic this target is, remains to be seen. But the immediate target was to get out of this football league. Unbelievable odds were stacked upon us to reach the Championship come May this season. Yet it's not worked out, and with last night's 3-1 loss to a (no offence) poor team, who aren't in the greatest form, rested around 5 players for the cup final at the weekend; yet they come and completely outplay us.

Many of us moaned on here, 'We're flipping doomed' 'Megson out' etc. These messages dominated Owlstalk, and I'll not deny I eagerly joined in. I didn't go last night, but had several texts from family members with 'We're down' 'We're flipping poo ' and on and on. Unperturbed, I watched England and admired a high standard of football. Never at this moment did I care less about the Owls than last night, I've seriously got to the stage where I assume we're going to lose. And when it comes true, it's just 'Ah well, who gives a flip.' How it's got to this stage I will never know, god knows what Megson is like at the moment. It's heartbreaking knowing 14,500 people bothered to turn up last night.

But, there are several positives to look at from this season, believe it or not. First of all, one of the best centre forward I've seen since you-know-who has arrived at Hillsborough. Gary Madine is outstanding, and so far he deserves a lot more credit than he's received. He has put in some extraordinary performances recently, and has almost single handedly ran our attack. As soon as the midfield is sorted, we will see how he WILL be a Premier League striker in the future. We already have the basis of a very solid team, Buxton is an exceptional League 1 defender, and is 100% a future Sheffield Wednesday captain. Richard O'Donnell has started his first game for us, and fingers crossed his first of many. A very good shot-stopper, and although so far it's just youthful exuberance, he has commanded his penalty area like an experienced Championship stopper. At full-back, we have two very good players, Danny Jones and Jon Otsemobor. Both extremely pacy, and when fully fit will tear this league a new arse. Although, we have discovered that the midfield has to be overhauled, Darren Potter HAS to be kept. He is absolutely vital, an excellent passer. I'll get my arse smacked for this, but he will be vital in our promotion push next year.

With the foundings of a good team, when Beevers returns we have a young, relatively pacy defence. A midfielder who can run the game, and a centre forward who is a future Premier League player, we have to replace the passionless fookers with quality. Although, this so far hasn't shown why we will stay up. Quite frankly, we have the future of next season in our hands. But if Megson sets us out, flip defending, we will attack and attack. We will comfortably dominate every opponent we play. The confidence-less players need to be dropped, Spurr, Teale and we need FLAIR. With this, frankly we will more than stay-up, we will push for mid-table.

But let's let the team focus on their performances, and let's get behind them. Please, no booing during the game, it's cringeworthy. They may deserve it, but leave it till fulltime. Give them your full support, hate to sound a happy-clapper, but thats all they need.

It annoys me how you create a new topic every time you have a brain fart. Post it in one of the many similar topics already on the board, you are not special.

Reading, did you go last night?

No. I agonised all day - even told the wife that I would text her if I got a late ticket. But eventually thought better of it. I actually like travelling up for mid week games, normally.

Listened on WP

It did sound bad BTW.

No. I agonised all day - even told the wife that I would text her if I got a late ticket. But eventually thought better of it. I actually like travelling up for mid week games, normally.

Listened on WP

It did sound bad BTW.

Good move, you'd have been furious with yourself if you'd gone.

I didn't go. Me and the new girlfriend worked out that Tuesday and Thursday were the only days we could see each other this week so I made the choice to go into town for drinks and food with her instead. Checked the score about 10 times throughout the night and it still made me angry when I saw the full time score but I was glad I didn't go after checking in on here this morning - "worst performance ever" etc.

It gave me a scary glimpse into how easy it would be to just stop going (as thousands already have). Will be there on Saturday and Tuesday though, full of trepidation and blind hope as per.

Guest JonTheOwl66

With respect mate, how many games have you been to this season?

If you think we've got the foundations for a solid team then you've been watching a different Wednesday to me.

Been to every home game bar two I think? And a couple of away games.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Blumin ell Jon, get a grip.

:laugh:

It does sound pathetic, and I've worded it all wrong. It's like the Daily Star journalism gone poo .

Guest JonTheOwl66

The specs are blue, the specs are white.....

and that me old bean.... is a load of poo .

x

Normally I'd laugh, now I feel a idiot.

Guest JonTheOwl66

It annoys me how you create a new topic every time you have a brain fart. Post it in one of the many similar topics already on the board, you are not special.

Reading, did you go last night?

Not claiming I'm special, neither are you even though you act like a complete bellend to everybody you don't know.

Grow up mate, yes it's pathetic but if everybody else deserves a winge, even if it is poo . Then so do I.

Guest JonTheOwl66

How's Jordan these days? Could she do a job for us?

Whip her up front, and her two balloons would knock a few in for certain.

the thread starter has seen some things I haven't. We've got a few decent players who are likely to play better with better team mates, but we've got a lot who are not to the standard required.

on a positive note, all the doom-mongers posting on here need to take a step back. we've an experienced, shrewd businessman at the helm and no debt. debt that has held us back for the best part of 20 yrs and that has gone. we will start to go forward unless MM makes the same mistakes as DR, who plunged us into debt with poo signings and their big wages. maybe GM will fail, but I cannot see MM failing.

I agree that booing does nothing to help the team. save it until the end of the match

Guest angel

i am 100% confident that the owls will stay up. yes they are a poo poo side but there are some sides below them that are even bottom! ( yes i know that is hard to believe). i reckon out of the remaining games wednesday will win a couple of them. next season they will win the league of that i am certain.