Hillsborough hoodoo

The next 3 games are all at home against very mediocre opposition. Away performances have been reasonable recently but we must improve massively at home.

We need to be much more resilient and fight for absolutely every ball. If we go a goal down I want to see our players up their effort again rather than heads going down. Would also like to see our midfielders working together to protect the back four and for us to play the ball forward quickly and commit players forward when the ball breaks in midfield or defence.

This is our chance to pull away from any threat of relegation and we have to take it.

The next 3 games are all at home against very mediocre opposition. Away performances have been reasonable recently but we must improve massively at home.

We need to be much more resilient and fight for absolutely every ball. If we go a goal down I want to see our players up their effort again rather than heads going down. Would also like to see our midfielders working together to protect the back four and for us to play the ball forward quickly and commit players forward when the ball breaks in midfield or defence.

This is our chance to pull away from any threat of relegation and we have to take it.

opposition will come out early doors and get in our faces.

fans will get restless

first misplaced pass will result in fans grumbling

opposition will get a couple of shots on goal

wednesday fans will start shouting at the players

players will panic and resort to hoofing the ball up to madine, hoping he wins a free kick or corner.

repeat for 80 very depressing minutes.

If we can (by some fluke) win 2 of our next 3 games, we'll be all but safe.

2 wins would leave us on 50 points. No team has ever been relegated from League 1 with more than 51 points i don't think?

That should be the aim. 2 wins from the next three would give us 50 points from 40 games...meaning one win from the last 6 games would finish the job off.

We should be ok

If we can (by some fluke) win 2 of our next 3 games, we'll be all but safe.

2 wins would leave us on 50 points. No team has ever been relegated from League 1 with more than 51 points i don't think?

In a 24 team division 54 is the total that has absolutely guaranteed safety in the past. So at the very most we only need 10 points from our remaining games. But if the teams at the bottom keep up their current form I doubt even that many will be needed this season.

In a 24 team division 54 is the total that has absolutely guaranteed safety in the past. So at the very most we only need 10 points from our remaining games. But if the teams at the bottom keep up their current form I doubt even that many will be needed this season.

The lowest points needed for survival in League 1 (since 2002 which is when my figures go back to) was 48 in 2006/07 when Chesterfield were relegated in 21st with 47 points.

The highest in the same period has been 51 points in 3 different seasons during that time.

I think 54 is the ideal minimum we would want though i agree- that would cover us against all eventualities.

As you say- looking at the remaining games for the other teams involved in the scrap, i would be amazed if the total needed for survival is higher than 50 points tbh.