My other half's a Blade!

The Valentine's thread got me thinking...

How many other Owls have managed to pull themselves a Blade?

My missus is a Blade (Not a massive footy fan though, more of a family thing), and I think I'd qualify for a swift kick to the balls if I whisked her off to SWFC for a romantic meal. :laugh:

Guest tomarkley

I was once seeing a bird who was one of them typical women football fans who think going to every game makes them as worthy as men who follow football... and she was a Blade.

I strongly disagreed on both points, and I've never had anyone hate me as much before or since, even 6 years on I still get reports of her badmouthing me :biggrin:

My current better half is Wednesday, her family are Wednesday and she's the best thing to ever happen to me :cool:

Guest gingerowl1

I was once seeing a bird who was one of them typical women football fans who think going to every game makes them as worthy as men who follow football...

Well....glad you see someone knows his stuff!

I was once seeing a bird who was one of them typical women football fans who think going to every game makes them as worthy as men who follow football... and she was a Blade.

I strongly disagreed on both points, and I've never had anyone hate me as much before or since, even 6 years on I still get reports of her badmouthing me :biggrin:

My current better half is Wednesday, her family are Wednesday and she's the best thing to ever happen to me :cool:

We were watching the League Show last night (well, I was) and that bird who did the commentary for the Norwich / Cardiff game got us talking.

We both agreed it didn't sound right, in fact it was pretty annoying.

And, because we both agreed, I know it's not a sexism thing. It's just not natural.

Guest bigpaul706

My wife is a blade and I have taken her to Hillsborough twice!

Once against Wimbledon years ago which we won, and then to see us play the pigs when Sodje scored!!

Since then she has told me never to take her again!! :)

Guest tomarkley

We were watching the League Show last night (well, I was) and that bird who did the commentary for the Norwich / Cardiff game got us talking.

We both agreed it didn't sound right, in fact it was pretty annoying.

And, because we both agreed, I know it's not a sexism thing. It's just not natural.

Well for me, this girl had never played football, never got involved with any local teams, just goes home and away "wi t'blades" and attended functions to meet players like some sort of weird stalker.

She can harp on all she wants about how much of a football fan she is, but ultimately, her loyalty went as far as pig players and she had no interest in any other aspect.

The majority of them are the same, whereas a much higher percentage of blokes play either 5-a-side or 6, 7, or 11 a side on a regular basis, and get their kids playing.

Just the way it is.

Guest gingerowl1

Well for me, this girl had never played football, never got involved with any local teams, just goes home and away "wi t'blades" and attended functions to meet players like some sort of weird stalker.

She can harp on all she wants about how much of a football fan she is, but ultimately, her loyalty went as far as pig players and she had no interest in any other aspect.

The majority of them are the same, whereas a much higher percentage of blokes play either 5-a-side or 6, 7, or 11 a side on a regular basis, and get their kids playing.

Just the way it is.

Just not true pal

My current Missus has her 2 friends, her Dad and now me thats all Wednesday fans, she's surrounded by us :laugh:, she hates the bounce song because we call her bouncy because of that song. :biggrin:

But i've always said i'd never ever date a Blunt it would just seem wrong.

My current Missus has her 2 friends, her Dad and now me thats all Wednesday fans, she's surrounded by us :laugh:, she hates the bounce song because we call her bouncy because of that song. :biggrin:

But i've always said i'd never ever date a Blunt it would just seem wrong.

You call your missus "Bouncy"?

:laugh:

How are you still alive?

Once had a missus who was a blade. Once being the key word. Never again.

Current lass is Irish and in the 18 months we've been together I've been doing my best, teaching her the ways of a Wednesdayite. Her first match (Wednesday or other) was the derby at Hillsborough last year!