Paul Heffernan

Guest Jackpo Sodje

Sedgwick scored as well last week though so you could have made the same thread but with Sedgwick's name had he been dropped. Besides why change a winning team? I agree he should be used more often but in this case its very easy to see why he didn't play.

Sedgwick scored as well last week though so you could have made the same thread but with Sedgwick's name had he been dropped. Besides why change a winning team? I agree he should be used more often but in this case its very easy to see why he didn't play.

Not really the same since Sedgwick is absolutely garbage. Couldn't say that about Heffernan as we don't see enough of him to assess.

Guest James-The-Owl

I personally wouldn't have changed the team on the back of a 6-2 victory, although I do feel sorry for Heff and hope he gets a start next week and still agree that Irvine is a clueless moron.

Guest owls_4_life

Wouldn't change the starting line up from winning 6-2 but would certainly change things by way of substitutions when it became evident we were getting hammered!

Wouldn't change the starting line up from winning 6-2 but would certainly change things by way of substitutions when it became evident we were getting hammered!

well said. I've made this point 100 times that Irvine has no idea how to change games. He sets us up at kick off and that's how we finish the game. Never has a plan b.

Sedgewick had a decent game last week, would have been odd to drop him. Last Saturday is the third time I've seen Heffernan play, he also had a decent game, unlike the first two times when he played like a ***. It was easy to see why he wasn't being being picked. He played himself back into contention last week but the Heffernan love in on OT given his performances for us has me baffled.

Guest Willyowl

I can understand those saying don't change a winning team, the general consensus on here after the Bristol R. game was that Johnson and Morrison teamed up brilliantly together, well at the Swindon game the week before they were a shocking partnership! And still Irvine didn't give Heffernan a go. Unless Mellor is 100% (he didn't look it yesterday when he came on) then you can be sure AI will stick with Johnson and Morrison again...