Anyone fancy a bet?

This has to be a one on one bet - i.e. one poster against another.

Not sure how many Blades are on here any more, so it may just be me who's insane enough - however, feel free to make it a sticky if you want.

I'm willing to gamble (and if I'm honest don't think I have much chance of winning) that we finish higher than you in our respective leagues.

Reasons - it would be lovely to make you eat some humble pie at the end of the season, it's just a bit of fun, and a good cause will benefit.

£25 to the Childrens Hospital if you finish higher than us.

(seeing as it's such a banker on your part, anyone willing to do a 2-1 and offer up £50 if we finish higher than you, then come on, show your bottle)

Cheers and like I said, just a bit of fun, so leave out the abuse please.

Edited by NickM

Not sure how many Blades are on here any more, so it may just be me who's insane enough - however, feel free to make it a sticky if you want.

I'm willing to gamble (and if I'm honest don't think I have much chance of winning) that we finish higher than you in our respective leagues.

Reasons - it would be lovely to make you eat some humble pie at the end of the season, it's just a bit of fun, and a good charity will benefit.

(seeing as it's such a banker on your part, anyone willing to do a 2-1 and offer up £50 if we finish higher than you, then come on, show your bottle)

Wrong Section btw biggrin.gif

And good luck! If your first team gets beat by Hartlepool there is hope for everyone.

Im winding you up mate. Im skint and tbh i only bet £1 biggrin.gif

Not hardcore like some on here.

Its a good offer though!

ha, yeah I knew - should have put a smiley

Surely a safe bet though........isn't it?

Edited by NickM

Guest gringo69

Reasons - it would be lovely to make you eat some humble pie at the end of the season, it's just a bit of fun, and a good cause will benefit.

But the winner pays nothing to charity ? So i'll raise you...............................

How about higher team £25, lower team £75 and £50 each if teams finish even, which carries onto play-offs.

Fair play to you for joining in a bit of light hearted banter although I really do think you might want your head looking at with this one.

Not that I think we have an amazing side but I would expect us to make the top six, also I just think the relatively small squad you have, combined with the fact that you have 10 Yorkshire derbies to look forward to this season (which are usually tougher than your average league games) I think you'll struggle to make the top six.

That said, I still ain't taking you up on your bet as whenever I bet on Wednesday we always lose!!! :smile:

Count me in, about time the blunts did something for charity ;-)

rav takes the bet - just do something to remind me at the end of the season

But the winner pays nothing to charity ? So i'll raise you...............................

How about higher team £25, lower team £75 and £50 each if teams finish even, which carries onto play-offs.

erm, yeah - the winner isn't out of pocket, that's usually the case.

There'll be no increase in my stake - I've put my money where my mouth is and on such a dodgy bet I think £25's enough

Anyone willing to put their money where their mouth is (seeing as you all know how crap we are) and make Wednesdays part of the bargain a £50 then show me how confident you are and you will usurp rav's bet - I've not checked, but I'm sure Billy Hills would agree.

Fair play to you for joining in a bit of light hearted banter although I really do think you might want your head looking at with this one.

Not that I think we have an amazing side but I would expect us to make the top six, also I just think the relatively small squad you have, combined with the fact that you have 10 Yorkshire derbies to look forward to this season (which are usually tougher than your average league games) I think you'll struggle to make the top six.

That said, I still ain't taking you up on your bet as whenever I bet on Wednesday we always lose!!! :smile:

As you'll see, I think it's a dead cert for you lot, but I'm not seeing so much confidence from you lot yet surprisingly. :biggrin:

I will take your bet £25 we finish higher than you lot, and i aint a Bizzle :biggrin: Come on you blue and white wizards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but rav's taken that bet. The only way to bet now, is to over-rule rav's with a £50, or find another Blade willing to bet. Saying that, I'll be willing to take multiple bets against my bet on the proviso that I only pay out once - just as a sweetner though, should I get 10 offers of £25 or more and all are genuine, I'll up my losing donation to £50

With regards to gringo's post and upping the bet - if I win, I'll still donate summat

Edited by NickM

No ta, have you seen how many goals are usually scored in the Sunday pub leagues?

Didnt think you would, stop giving it the big un with the bets piggy you will probably end up being the one who doesn't pay, get back to your own board and ask your chums to bet you :excl:

Guest bigblue

I'll take that bet all day long.

In fact, how's this - I'll bet you (or any other Blade on here) a straight £25 (1:1) that Wednesday will not only finish higher than your lot, but we'll finish a clear 5+ places higher.

Your squad looks like a mid-table Championship side to me this season. More or less the same as ours would've been had we not made such a **** up of last season.

I can honestly see there being more than 10 places between us - us winning our crappy pub league and you just sneaking into the top half of yours on goal difference.

This is the last season that you get to say you have the better team, then it's back to the way it should be. So you might want to make this season count on the banter front Nick ;)

I'll take that bet all day long.

In fact, how's this - I'll bet you (or any other Blade on here) a straight £25 (1:1) that Wednesday will not only finish higher than your lot, but we'll finish a clear 5+ places higher.

Your squad looks like a mid-table Championship side to me this season. More or less the same as ours would've been had we not made such a **** up of last season.

I can honestly see there being more than 10 places between us - us winning our crappy pub league and you just sneaking into the top half of yours on goal difference.

This is the last season that you get to say you have the better team, then it's back to the way it should be. So you might want to make this season count on the banter front Nick ;)

I thought that was last time you managed to scrape out of the 3rd division :biggrin:

Guest bigblue

I thought that was last time you managed to scrape out of the 3rd division :biggrin:

Certainly not what I thought at the time, but I take your point, plenty probably did. This time you're nearly as sh!!t as us already though. The gap isn't much to bridge.

I wonder how long it'll take for you to catch up with the number of seasons we have spent in the top flight or to win 4 league titles...etc :-)