Raise funds to buy a player

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Remember when the Blades bought Glyn Hodges? Didn't all the fans buy raffle tickets, etc.. to raise £500k to buy him?

£500k towards a player would go a long way to helping our campaign at the moment.

I bet we could raise £500k by Xmas to buy a player in the January transfer window.

I will donate 2 X 2011 FA Cup final tickets as one of the prizes. If other people/businesses could also support by way of prizes this could work.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Didn't Wednesdayite do something like this for the club a few years ago & the cheque got shredded?

Well I suspect an independent group formed purely to raise transfer funds would be welcomed by the board at this stage.

Well I suspect an independent group formed purely to raise transfer funds would be welcomed by the board at this stage.

I think is a good idea, but how do you see this being received by the fan base at large?

Even though there are some members of the current board who were on the board when the cheque was shredded?

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I think is a good idea, but how do you see this being received by the fan base at large?

I think it would go down well on match day. A quid a ticket for a transfer kitty would be affordable for most. Just a bit of pocket change after a pint and a pie have been bought could go a long way.

It would need more effort than that though. You would need volunteer ticket sellers like Utd did to do it around pubs at night, in town on weekends, etc..

It wouldn't be easy.

If 10,000 people bought a ticket at each home game (and that would be high) that would still need 50 home games before we had £500k!!

The idea clearly needs developing but surely if Utd could do it we could manage it.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Even though there are some members of the current board who were on the board when the cheque was shredded?

You are right. Let's not bother.

Guest aphextwins

This isn't a bad idea.

We could buy a player every season just by getting people to put some money in a pot every home game.

Could this really happen though?

This isn't a bad idea.

We could buy a player every season just by getting people to put some money in a pot every home game.

Could this really happen though?

If its structured and administrated properly, and fans can see an end product, why not?

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Ok. Saves everyone a load of hassle then :biggrin:

That's right, we can all just stay on here moaning about the board. That should see us flying up the league in no time.

You're a champ.

Guest aphextwins

If its structured and administrated properly, and fans can see an end product, why not?

Well lets do it then!

That's right, we can all just stay on here moaning about the board. That should see us flying up the league in no time.

You're a champ.

Aren''t you the same bloke who used to turn every thread into an anti LS rant?

Guest Wimbledon Owl

The key will be getting off to a flying start and getting a decent amount raised early on. If it looks like a very slow process with no end product then people will lose faith.