Raise funds to buy a player

Guest Wimbledon Owl

If the fans raise the money would we have a say in who we'd sign?

I think that's an interesting point.

But given that you're likely to get hundreds of different opinions, I think that any money raised must be handed over in good faith - albeit solely for the club to spend on squad improvements.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Aren''t you the same bloke who used to turn every thread into an anti LS rant?

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan. I never claimed to be a LS fan.

Anyway, rather than focussing on peoples differences can you not find a way to take the club forward?

I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan. I never claimed to be a LS fan.

Anyway, rather than focussing on peoples differences can you not find a way to take the club forward?

:biggrin:

I'm not a fan of the 3 members of the board who put their names on legal action against members of this site.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

:biggrin:

I'm not a fan of the 3 members of the board who put their names on legal action against members of this site.

You are so one dimensional.

So if I am not an LS fan I am automatically a fan of DA and the current board. You really are a tool.

Perhaps you need to consider other alternatives.

You are so one dimensional.

So if I am not an LS fan I am automatically a fan of DA and the current board. You really are a tool.

Perhaps you need to consider other alternatives.

Where did I say you were a fan of DA?

And thanks for the insult.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Where did I say you were a fan of DA?

And thanks for the insult.

Everything that is suggested grinds to a halt because people harp on about the old board.

We need to focus efforts onto the pitch and any scheme that can raise a transfer kitty however small should be used.

Every pound you spend at the club means money goes into the coffers to be used as they see fit. Only a specific scheme such as this will channel funds to where they are most needed.

Everything that is suggested grinds to a halt because people harp on about the old board.

We need to focus efforts onto the pitch and any scheme that can raise a transfer kitty however small should be used.

Every pound you spend at the club means money goes into the coffers to be used as they see fit. Only a specific scheme such as this will channel funds to where they are most needed.

Meh.

Remember when the Blades bought Glyn Hodges? Didn't all the fans buy raffle tickets, etc.. to raise £500k to buy him?

£500k towards a player would go a long way to helping our campaign at the moment.

I bet we could raise £500k by Xmas to buy a player in the January transfer window.

I will donate 2 X 2011 FA Cup final tickets as one of the prizes. If other people/businesses could also support by way of prizes this could work.

Good idea , ' Make it So'

good idea wimbledon owl ,but i have one request,

Please do not let the idea evolve into an LS v DA SLAGGING MATCH,

OTHERWISE IT WILL BE DOOMED BEFORE IT STARTS

sorry for shouting could'nt be arsed to change lettersto lower case :blush:

Remember when the Blades bought Glyn Hodges? Didn't all the fans buy raffle tickets, etc.. to raise £500k to buy him?

£500k towards a player would go a long way to helping our campaign at the moment.

I bet we could raise £500k by Xmas to buy a player in the January transfer window.

I will donate 2 X 2011 FA Cup final tickets as one of the prizes. If other people/businesses could also support by way of prizes this could work.

Its all well and good raising funds to by a player but then are you going to raise £1000's every week to pay his wages?

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Its all well and good raising funds to by a player but then are you going to raise £1000's every week to pay his wages?

We have a wage budget and always will (albeit it may all be allocated). If it meant we could move on a free signing in the transfer window for some cash and then add in what was raised we could buy a reasonable player.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

good idea wimbledon owl ,but i have one request,

Please do not let the idea evolve into an LS v DA SLAGGING MATCH,

OTHERWISE IT WILL BE DOOMED BEFORE IT STARTS

sorry for shouting could'nt be arsed to change lettersto lower case :blush:

fair call.