Raise funds to buy a player

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Great idea.

We could get shed loads of prizes from people on here alone plus the club could drop in prizes such as signed shirts, tours etc.

I will throw in a £200 set of holiday Luggage in the pot if it goes ahead.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of good ideas on here that never get any further.

Great idea.

We could get shed loads of prizes from people on here alone plus the club could drop in prizes such as signed shirts, tours etc.

I will throw in a £200 set of holiday Luggage in the pot if it goes ahead.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of good ideas on here that never get any further.

Remember when the Blades bought Glyn Hodges? Didn't all the fans buy raffle tickets, etc.. to raise £500k to buy him?

£500k towards a player would go a long way to helping our campaign at the moment.

I bet we could raise £500k by Xmas to buy a player in the January transfer window.

I will donate 2 X 2011 FA Cup final tickets as one of the prizes. If other people/businesses could also support by way of prizes this could work.

Good idea, Do you think all this could be done online? Let people have the option of buying as many online raffle tickets as they like until Jan 1st 2011.

Also have a ticket sales counter like Our Wednesday have for season ticket sales.

We could also have a few decent prizes, like a plasma tv for example, and put the pictures of the prizes on the website to make it look attractive.

Maybe we could have a section on Owlstalk devoted to the online raffle.

These are just some ideas that I'm throwing into the mix and I appreciate that some, or all, of them may not bhe feasible.

I'd certainly buy quite a few tickets over the next few months.

I would donate toward to a scheme to raise transfer funds for a player. This is the kind of thing that would bring all Wednesday fans together.

However, it needs the following:

• approval from the board and their backing
  • management by an existing fans group i.e., Wednesdayite
  • incentives for those making larger donations, for example
    • Donate >£100 get store vouchers
    • Donate >£1000 get a season ticket voucher
    • Donate >£10,000 get a game in the directors box and a free box for another game
    • Donate >£100,000 etc...

[*]A set target to drive donations.[*]Agreement that the manager chooses the player, and that the chosen player is injury proof.

Or maybe I'm just diluded....