Remember that season when..

Guest zero)))

I think the time was just right, though Burton was a real "purple patch man". He struggled in his final season at the beginning, but had done so the one before.

That season he was joint top scorer, yet he had 1 goal by Christmas, then about 13 afterwards.

He offered more than his goals though and throughout his career his has never been prolific. His touch, technical ability and link up play were unbelievable. I wonder how many goals he actually contributed towards in his time at Wednesday.

But, I know who I would rather have coming off from the bench instead of Clarke or Jeffers

Yeah, Burton was great. I remember against Wolves last season, when we took the lead 1-0. Laid the ball off to Esajas as soon as he got the ball. If that was Clarke, he would have tried some extravagent volley, and if it was Tudgay/ Varney, they would have done some sh*tty little flick on to nowhere.

Instead, he laid it off nicely and we took a surprising 1-0 lead... which didn't last long :biggrin:

Songo'o, Slusarksi, Burton and Ben Sahar all in the starting 11 ............. How things have changed :ohmy:

All Laws signings which kept us up after the board had sold off all our decent assets.

If only we had a manager who could get those kind of players now.

All Laws signings which kept us up after the board had sold off all our decent assets.

We could have Jimmy Smith, Tom Soares, Warren Feeney and Francis Jeffers as well if we want ? ?

:cool:

I remember his last minute winner away at Stoke on Boxing Day a few years ago.

Bit of pin ball in the box, falls to deon on the edge of the box and he slaps it in the bottom corner.

Went mental.

Quite possibly one of my favourite player in recent years.

This is the one:

Edited by Shifty Powers

I remember his last minute winner away at Stoke on Boxing Day a few years ago.

Bit of pin ball in the box, falls to deon on the edge of the box and he slaps it in the bottom corner.

Went mental.

Quite possibly one of my favourite player in recent years.

Beautiful!!

or it could be argued .... the chairman ?

We could have Jimmy Smith, Tom Soares, Warren Feeney and Francis Jeffers as well if we want ? ?

:cool:

damn....

on a serious note though, and I don't know if anyone agrees with this...

but that season when we stopped up in the final game, against Norwich, I never ever felt like we would go down. I honestly never thought it was going to happen.

And it's neither here nor there whether the players we had were actually any good but between them... Watson, Songo'o, Slusarski, Sahar, Kavanagh (?? not sure about that one)... it never felt like we would drop back into League One. I had total, total blind faith and confidence. I actually enjoyed it in a perverse way. I can still see Songo'o running people ragged and Slusarski battering his way through Leicesters defence...

However this current shower of poo poo... Jesus Christ.

I accepted we were down at Christmas I think

damn....

but that season when we stopped up in the final game, against Norwich, I never ever felt like we would go down. I honestly never thought it was going to happen.

And it's neither here nor there whether the players we had were actually any good but between them... Watson, Songo'o, Slusarski, Sahar, Kavanagh (?? not sure about that one)... it never felt like we would drop back into League One. I had total, total blind faith and confidence. I actually enjoyed it in a perverse way. I can still see Songo'o running people ragged and Slusarski battering his way through Leicesters defence...

Team that day:

Grant

Johnson

Wood

Beevers

Spurr

Bolder

Watson

Songo'o

Slusarski

Sahar

Burton

Team Sunday

Grant

Nolan

Purse

Beevers

Spurr

Soares

O'Connor

Potter

Varney

Tudgay

Johnson

Regression ?

Progression ?

Team that day:

Grant

Johnson

Wood

Beevers

Spurr

Bolder

Watson

Songo'o

Slusarski

Sahar

Burton

Team Sunday

Grant

Nolan

Purse

Beevers

Spurr

Soares

O'Connor

Potter

Varney

Tudgay

Johnson

Regression ?

Progression ?

How did Johnson play at right back that day?

And honestly, there's little difference between the two. Bullen would normally have been at right back.

Soares and Potter against Watson and Songo'o... hmm.

Guest James-The-Owl

damn....

Agree 100% with all of this, felt exactly the same and feel exactly the same now.