Guest zero)))

Guest zero)))

Steve Maclean

Deon Burton

Marcus Tudgay

Chris Brunt

Glenn Whelan

All scored 10+ goals each..

Laws lost the plot in the end but at least we used to have a go at winning a game.

Steve Maclean

Deon Burton

Marcus Tudgay

Chris Brunt

Glenn Whelan

Laws lost the plot in the end but at least we used to have a go at winning a game.

to be fair they were much better than the shower that replaced them, jj, tudders and varney aside i cant see anyone else in our squad who would score 10+ a season

Do you think we let Deon go too soon?

I always liked him.

Probably was the right time.

Very talented player though.

Had great technique.

Him and Tudgay for a period were a really good partnership and had a great chemistry.

They put in a blinding performance against Leicester a few seasons back.

I always liked him.

Der de de der! DEON BURTON

yeah he was a good player. Never knew the reason why Laws sent him to Charlton

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

I always liked him.

would have kept him for another year personally.

he had a great First touch, shame it never rubbed off on some of the others

Burton was brilliant, lazy at times but still better than what we have now.

His vision and passing is what we miss now, was also goon in the air for little flick ons.

Was always a bit sceptical cos of his strike rate BUT when we beat Leeds at Elland Road (when Brunt scored that screamer) - Tudgay was sent off and Burton was left up on his own and was absolutely superb in holding the ball up and keeping the pressure off the rest of his team. His heading and touch was immaculate that day.

I think we let him go a bit too soon to be honest. I think at Wednesday were sometimes a bit hasty with older players and don't get the full worth out of em. I'd rather have him not scoring but holding the ball up then having 4 misfiring strikers that can't hold it up like we have now.

I think the fact that those players got 10 each has always given me hope as it just shows that if enough players have a good season it really makes a difference. It isnt always about getting one decent player in to solve a problem, Tudgay, Varney and Johnson are all near double figures this season, had we been tighter at the back and had clarke taken more chances it would help address the margins in this league.

As for Burton, I really liked him ,but towards the end he was really struggling for goals. People bigged him up a bit when he left but we didnt seem to miss him when we were looking to push on, I suppose he wouldve been good in a relegation scrap though.

I think the fact that those players got 10 each has always given me hope as it just shows that if enough players have a good season it really makes a difference. It isnt always about getting one decent player in to solve a problem, Tudgay, Varney and Johnson are all near double figures this season, had we been tighter at the back and had clarke taken more chances it would help address the margins in this league.

As for Burton, I really liked him ,but towards the end he was really struggling for goals. People bigged him up a bit when he left but we didnt seem to miss him when we were looking to push on, I suppose he wouldve been good in a relegation scrap though.

I was always a fan of Burton but I think towards the end of his time here the Championship became a level too high for him.

I agree with your first point as well. The difference between success and failure in this league is so tight. 6-7 extra goals a season for the team can = 20-ish points more on the board.

Guest chesowl

I bumped into Deon down town on a drinking session and asked him what was happening at the time when Laws wasn't picking him......having had a few himself he stated "flip knows why I'm not starting, I'm training well and he insists on starting that fat poo instead of me"!!!!! Can't remember who the fat poo was he was referring to!!!

The most talented and gifted striker we've had in ages was Burton.

It was just a shame he didn't have the goal scorers knack ala Kevin Philips otherwise he would have been flipping awesome.... as it was, we could no longer afford to play a striker who was only going to get half a dozen goals a season.

We let him go at the right time... the problem was, we never signed a decent replacement- our strikeforce has been woefully lacking and why the flip Laws thought he could get away with Tudgay, Jeffers, Sodje and Clarke before the season started was anyones guess.

Steve Maclean

Deon Burton

Marcus Tudgay

Chris Brunt

Glenn Whelan

I don't think Whelan quite got 10 that season, from what I recall he got about 8. Still a bloody good effort though.

God knows where the goals will come from Vs the Pigs.