Time to pull together

It's been a poor last two matches, the only positive to take away from it was that second half on Tuesday being probably the best we've played all season at home. 

Weve got 12 games left, let's be realistic, Carlos isn't going nowhere. 2 games ago, the majority of the fan base were behind him, albeit grumbles of not the best football we were winning games and being effective. 2 games later, the tides have turned and a large section want him out - 2 games, 180 minutes of football, that is it. Can we let things simmer down and just take into account we now need to get behind this team in what is the most important last quarter of the season.

DC isn't going to sack him whilst we're in the playoffs, i know it's difficult with the last two games, but we're still in the mix. It can all change again in 3 games, and it will. It'll change more than once over the next 12 games, you're likely to see someone above us drop points too. We seem to be the only ones flapping after losing points. 

Carlos has even begun mentioning negativity around the team in the media - a guy who never mentions anything like this at all to the press and won't ever comment on it. 

Whether youre Carlos in or Carlos out, this is it for the rest of the season. We either back them to the end and get over the line, show them the support we had last year in the playoffs or we self implode and fall to bits. 

Have the faith.

I for one hope that the OP is right.

We are better team than the last few games that we have played would indicate. Leeds today were the better side and deserved to win.

Tactically it isn't working, no link up play, no high press, some basic defensive mistakes. The team aren't gelling. It's like we are missing a link that pulls it all together. The attacking flowing football is not what it was last year, we need to get that back. We are missing Lees, Lee, and Hooper, they are big misses, maybe it will improve when they return.

Yes we still need to strengthen, CB, midfield distributor, winger etc, but DC has spent £20M, he's shown his commitment. This side should be doing much better than it is. Confidence maybe an issue, I don't think so though.

Come on CC, get this sorted, you know far more than I do about managing a football team and you know it's not right at the moment. Put it right, I don't want a new manager anytime soon.

UTO

4 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Name me a home match this season where we have been comfortably in control ?

Don't say Birmingham either because that was another lucky escape with two late goals that flattered us.

I haven't said anything otherwise? Last Tuesday in second half was best we've played, which says a lot about the whole season at home. 

My point is we aren't going to change the manager, we NEED to get over the line. Support the boys. 

Was going to start a similar thread after the meltdown. Why slag off the players, manager and club when it's not going to change anything for the better? We should all pull together and get behind the players, manager and club. Of course, there are a few 5th columnists on here who support other clubs and it's their intention to spread discord among us, but they're easy to spot

Edited by pgmetcalf

And for anyone that needs that little bit of a pick me up and some faith back on this team, club and manager. Watch the below again.

Weve got the quality, we can do it. The teams in the playoffs are of a LOT less quality than last year - let's hit that form now and tear them a new one!

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

I haven't said anything otherwise? Last Tuesday in second half was best we've played, which says a lot about the whole season at home. 

My point is we aren't going to change the manager, we NEED to get over the line. Support the boys. 

Last Tuesday we lost for the 4th time at home with still 7 home matches left.

Name me a match at home you've enjoyed and came away thinking wow.

Arsenal 

Brighton po are a distant memory from last season .

We've spent loads and have gone backwards and if you think we will go up playing the way we are you are in for a big disappointment. 

Just now, LoOkOut said:

Last Tuesday we lost for the 4th time at home with still 7 home matches left.

Name me a match at home you've enjoyed and came away thinking wow.

Arsenal 

Brighton po are a distant memory from last season .

We've spent loads and have gone backwards and if you think we will go up playing the way we are you are in for a big disappointment. 

Dont turn up then chief. If you're gonna continue the negativity and have given in now (with 20 percent of the season to go) then why bother? 

Pathetic flapping.

Dont turn up then chief. If you're gonna continue the negativity and have given in now (with 20 percent of the season to go) then why bother? 

Pathetic flapping.

No I go and support the team in person but vent my frustration on a message board .

Or do you want to live in denial ?

Just now, LoOkOut said:

No I go and support the team in person but vent my frustration on a message board .

Or do you want to live in denial ?

We're all frustrated. But going off saying 'we're going nowhere, living in denial, playoffs last year is a distant memory' - your point is? 

You've thrown towel in already, pretty sad. 

18 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I for one hope that the OP is right.

We are better team than the last few games that we have played would indicate. Leeds today were the better side and deserved to win.

Tactically it isn't working, no link up play, no high press, some basic defensive mistakes. The team aren't gelling. It's like we are missing a link that pulls it all together. The attacking flowing football is not what it was last year, we need to get that back. We are missing Lees, Lee, and Hooper, they are big misses, maybe it will improve when they return.

Yes we still need to strengthen, CB, midfield distributor, winger etc, but DC has spent £20M, he's shown his commitment. This side should be doing much better than it is. Confidence maybe an issue, I don't think so though.

Come on CC, get this sorted, you know far more than I do about managing a football team and you know it's not right at the moment. Put it right, I don't want a new manager anytime soon.

UTO

Were they ? Did they ?

We're all frustrated. But going off saying 'we're going nowhere, living in denial, playoffs last year is a distant memory' - your point is? 

You've thrown towel in already, pretty sad. 

No I'm concerned about how bad we have been after major investment and paying 10m on one player.

We should be knocking on brightons door not looking out for Fulham. 

We have got some big problems and they are coming to a head .

Like I said name me a home match this season  where you have thought wow.???